Fri Jul 21 @ Jacksonville Speedway 305 Sprints, UMP Mods, SS, Hornets, 600cc Winged Micro Sprints

CILTRAK

Friday July 21 - 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Hornets and Micros.

This Friday Night we are returning to action with a fun night of racing at Jacksonville Speedway. 305 Winged Sprints, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Micros and Hornets will be in action.
Here's a way for you to save $2 and bring a friend for free. Text us your name... and a friend's name who has not been to the race track in at least a year and we'll let you in for $10 and your friend in for Free. YOU MUST HAVE SENT YOUR NAME AND GUEST'S NAME BY TEXT TO KENNY AT 217-371-3653 BY FRIDAY AT 2:00. You must arrive with your guest to get the discount and free ticket. We pretty much know by name or face who has been to the race track recently, so use this promotion as we intend it - to get new people to come see what we do... and don't abuse it please.

Example text:
My Name: Jane Doe
Guest Name: Mary Smith

Otherwise adult admission is $12, Ages 11-18 $7, Kids 10 and under are free. Hot laps 6:30. Racing at 7:00.

Don't forget that we have a covered grandstand, enclosed area underneath with plenty of fans and an air conditioned concession. The sun gets behind the grandstands fairly early and shades the crowd. I really can't recall a time when sitting in our grandstands when I've felt it was unbearably hot.

One more thing we want to throw out... If I can get 3-4 teams of 2 street stocks... and/or 2 Hornets, we could have some "relay races" for $200 to the winning team. Four laps. Teams line up on the front stretch front to back, one team car in front of the other... drop the green flag and all of the first cars run a lap, come back and tap the rear bumper of your teammate and he runs a lap etc. for 4 laps. Text me or comment if you have a team and if we have enough, we'll give it a whirl. Looked kind of fun on YouTube.
Friday July 21 - 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Hornets and Micros.

This Friday Night we are returning to action with a fun night of racing at Jacksonville Speedway. 305 Winged Sprints, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Micros and Hornets will be in action.
Here's a way for you to save $2 and bring a friend for free. Text us your name... and a friend's name who has not been to the race track in at least a year and we'll let you in for $10 and your friend in for Free. YOU MUST HAVE SENT YOUR NAME AND GUEST'S NAME BY TEXT TO KENNY AT 217-371-3653 BY FRIDAY AT 2:00. You must arrive with your guest to get the discount and free ticket. We pretty much know by name or face who has been to the race track recently, so use this promotion as we intend it - to get new people to come see what we do... and don't abuse it please.

Example text:
My Name: Jane Doe
Guest Name: Mary Smith

Otherwise adult admission is $12, Ages 11-18 $7, Kids 10 and under are free. Hot laps 6:30. Racing at 7:00.

Don't forget that we have a covered grandstand, enclosed area underneath with plenty of fans and an air conditioned concession. The sun gets behind the grandstands fairly early and shades the crowd. I really can't recall a time when sitting in our grandstands when I've felt it was unbearably hot.

One more thing we want to throw out... If I can get 3-4 teams of 2 street stocks... and/or 2 Hornets, we could have some "relay races" for $200 to the winning team. Four laps. Teams line up on the front stretch front to back, one team car in front of the other... drop the green flag and all of the first cars run a lap, come back and tap the rear bumper of your teammate and he runs a lap etc. for 4 laps. Text me or comment if you have a team and if we have enough, we'll give it a whirl. Looked kind of fun on YouTube.

Last edited:
Yes we are racing Friday Night. We are going to move everything back by a half hour. Driver registration will close at 6:30. Hot laps at 7:00. Racing at 7:30. The forecasted temps at 8pm are back in the 80's, almost 10 degrees off the day's highs. Add the shade from the covered grandstand and an 8-10mph wind and it should be just fine for our grandstand guests.

Speaking of grandstand guests, we already have 30 new or returning fans on our "Bring A Friend" promotion. Texts like "I've never been" or "I haven't been for years" are pretty common. Keep them coming. Let's get it to 100.

Here's the deal in case you missed it... If you bring a guest who has not been to Jacksonville Speedway in more than a year, you will get $2 off your grandstand admission and your guest will get in Free. YOU MUST TEXT US YOUR NAME AND THE NAME OF YOUR GUEST PRIOR TO 2:00 FRIDAY SO WE CAN GET OUR LIST TOGETHER FOR OUR FRONT GATE STAFF. Text your name and your guests name to Kenny at 217-371-3653.

Grandstands will open at 5:30. Pit gates will open at 4:30. Hot laps 7:00. Racing at 7:30. Adult admission $12, Ages 11-18 $7, Kids 10 and under Free.

As you make plans for Friday... you can plan on us racing. We aren't going to cancel due to the heat. We respect other tracks that might and understand their reasoning. We've done that before ourselves. But we've been closed for pretty much a month and it's time to get back into the routine of racing on Friday Nights. If our grandstand wasn't covered, if we didn't have a nice air conditioned area, if we didn't have the area under the grandstands with big fans, and if we had raced a bunch recently, it might be different. But we are confident you can come to watch the races Friday at Jacksonville and actually enjoy the show in some degree of comfort. They also keep kicking up the South wind in each forecast which helps a lot.

For those of you coming to the pits, there's really not much reason to be here in the 3:00 heat crawling under a car. In fact, I don't even care if you are here by our 6:30 pill draw close Just text me Friday if you know you are coming to race your name, car number and class to 217-371-3653 and we'll draw for you. Id rather you text well before 6:30 just so we don't have so many cars to enter into the computer at once. I'd much rather you text and be late than show up late and want added to the back of the field because then all of our lineups have to be redone.

So enjoy your Friday during the afternoon heat... stay cool, and come join us a little later than usual and you'll be fine and we'll have a fun night returning to racing at Jacksonville Speedway

One day left before we return to racing at Jacksonville Speedway. The place isn't going to be perfect Friday. It never is when we race just after the fair that ended Sunday. For those of you who don't visit the fair, last Thursday it was a Demo Derby facility, Friday and Saturday a concert venue that held thousands and thousands of people, and Sunday it was a tractor pull venue with a huge downpour right when all of the rigs and semi's got into the pits. On top of that, we bit off a lot of renovations and improvements during our time off.

We have a great fairboard who have helped us tremendously with time and equipment, even while preparing for their own events. Never forget that this is a fair grounds first and race track second... and the fair is what helps keep the facilities in great shape. Putting it all back together takes time... Tommy has been here every day... all day starting at 8am Monday morning and he has it looking like a race track again. We will get more done today, but the time has come for him to start preparing a racing surface. If you are in the pits Friday, be patient with a few inconveniences. We hope to get the remainder of things finished Saturday before Sunday's show and then button little things up next week before Sprint Week.

See you tomorrow.

The weatherman is telling you to go someplace cool today. The coolest place I know of in this town tonight is Jacksonville Speedway... so follow his advice and get your share of cool with 305 Winged Sprints, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Micros and Hornets... and the much talked-about Street Stock Relay Race.

Everything is a half hour later with Grandstands opening at 5:30, Driver Registration closes at 6:30, Hot Laps 7:00 and racing at 7:30. Adult admission is $12, Ages 11-18 $7, Kids 10 and under Free.

A couple of notes for our teams in the pits... We are going to have the VIP booth open to anyone. Feel free to walk in and cool off for a bit if you need to. Also, you'll notice that the stairs to the pit bleachers aren't finished yet and there's some wood still laying around it (for the stairs)... please stay out of this area or at least don't climb up and monkey around on the bleachers. The area where the bleachers were before are now high enough to see from. Use that tonight, but please stay at least 5 feet from the track fence. We will put a rope up, but plan to have another fence back up there to keep you away soon.

We really aren't worried about our grandstand fans staying cool. The covered grandstand does wonders, as does the covered area underneath and air conditioned concession.

It's been a full 31 days since we last said... IT"S RACE DAY! Come join us tonight at Jacksonville Speedway.

20157650_1621396061224328_3452001196455302286_o.jpg

Back