Belle-Clair Speedway Friday August 22nds Race's are Canceled. Mega Kids Night rescheduled for Fri. Sept. 5th

don hoener

don hoener
With the safety & health of our Fans, Racer's and their Families in mind we are canceling tomorrow nights races and Mega Kids Night.
We have rescheduled Mega Kid's Night for Friday September 5th.
Join us next Friday August 29th for the Bel/Air-St. Clair Bowl "Don Klein 100"

The enclosed grandstands at Belle-Claire makes the heat worse than the open ones at the other tracks and they have the curfew that makes it hard to start the races an hour late.

It isn't that hot for you all to be calling all tracks to cancel.. It is a good decision for Belle-Clair, but all tracks don't need to do it.

Go spend a July & August racing in Texas.. If they went by the rule of thumb it was too hot to race, they could cancel 2/3rd of their season.

I only pointed out that Highland and Belle-Clair have the same conditions
For the record I lived in Phoenix Az for about 3 years with overnight temps of 85-90

The lay of the land makes it cooler in the Highland stands. If you're smart get there early enough to get a spot under one of the fans.

I usually sit on the back stretch at belle Clair. When it's hot outside it's absolutely brutal under the grandstands. Stinks they cancelled but I understand . I believe it was the right call.

Back