Get This....$200.00/barrell for crude oil

Qtrmileracer

The analysts are saying that with the Alaska oil pipeline down for an extended period,we may see crude hit $200 a barrell.That would translate to $7-8/gal.gas at the pump.

Nothing that happens with the price of fuel would surprise me;you can hardly afford to live anymore! I wish our elected officials would step in and do something to help us, the little people.....:mad:

Not sure where you heard your facts but according to this CNN story they aren't expecting anything of the sort.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/07/news/international/oil_alaska/index.htm?cnn=yes

And just to quote one paragraph "Beutel said he expects about a 5 cent a gallon rise in gasoline futures due to the pipeline problems."

granted it problem depends on which expert you hear from but I highly doubt it will go to $7/gallon that would cripple the US economy.

Maybe ours OPEC friends will help us out with this problem hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
They're probably laughing their ragheads all the way to the bank and thinking what fools we are for having to depend on them for our oil.

slideways said:
Not sure where you heard your facts but according to this CNN story they aren't expecting anything of the sort.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/07/news/international/oil_alaska/index.htm?cnn=yes

And just to quote one paragraph "Beutel said he expects about a 5 cent a gallon rise in gasoline futures due to the pipeline problems."

granted it problem depends on which expert you hear from but I highly doubt it will go to $7/gallon that would cripple the US economy.
Iran has already made it known they want oil to reach AT LEAST $100/barrell,so we'll see what happens.

Ga$oline

Trackless, Nothing that happens with the price of fuel would surprise me;you can hardly afford to live anymore! I wish our elected officials would step in and do something to help us, the little people.....

One of the things to most fear in life is, I'm from the government and I am here to help

TRACKLESS...The only thing to do is to get out and VOTE this fall. Shake up Congress and the Senate and they just might get the POINT that we as their "Constituants" aren't going to take it any more..... I am sure ALL of them have padded their pockets well. Its about time some of the VETERAN politians lived in the private sector for awhile and give someone else a chance to straighten out the mess our country is in..... this is NOT ALL just the Presidents fault.

And as far as the price per barrel I read yesterday that it would shoot up 10.00 a barrel ASAP as soon as the pipeline is shut down, due to leaks and stress on the pipe. BUT they said it should take only about 2 weeks to repair it. No later than 3 to 4 weeks shut down. I bet the Middle East is grinnin ear to ear over this bit of news, too.....:(

I think it is way past the time for our government to step in and offer a fix to this problem. And yes, it is our governments job to fix it.

Oil is the life blood of our country. Oil directly affects our economy.
Every thing we do revolves around oil, from growing our food from the ground to the dinner table. It fuels our cars and most all transportation of goods and persons. It warms millions of homes in the winter time. Being a small business owner I feel the pinch. People are sacraficing their one night out to eat, their hobbies and recreations only to pay for fuel. Retail prices for goods and services are climbing everywhere you look. It won't be long before people will be screaming for a cost of living wage increase. This will further increase to cost of consumer goods. Things are gonna get real bad real quick folks.

So what should the government do. We already know that price regulating is not an option, nor is the temporary fix of releasing the federal reserves. In my opinion the only logical thing to do is conserve and develope alternatives. Does anyone remember the late 70's/early 80's when there was an actual fuel shortage? The government reduced the maximum hwy speed limit to 55 mph to make us conserve fuel. They limited the amout of gas you could purchase too. How many clowns do you see flying down the hwy running 70+ mph? Only to see them stuck in traffic 5 minutes later, or on the same exit ramp as you about 5 or 6 cars futher up. All of that pedal to the metal crap is wasting fuel. LOTS OF IT! I say reduce the speed limit and place a heavy fine for any violation of more than 5 mph over. Pool the proceeds and use it to replace the friggin hiway tax we pay on each gallon of gas. (20cents in MO and almost 30 cents in IL????) That would help alot, I'm for 20 cents less per gallon. We've got the worst roads in the country anyway!

How about ending that F-ING WAR in IRAQ! I read somewhere that since its inception our countries fuel consumption has increased 15%, a result of flying all the troops and their supplies to free Iraq, or if you beleive the lies Bush told us, rid the world of terror.

Don't expect to see the government do anything soon though. Too many of those elected have vested interest in oil. They have seen the gouging we have taken for the past 2 years when Exxon releases its quarterly
P & L Statement. It has directly lined their pockets with the dividens reaped from their stockholdings. Just like the war effort.

How about alternative fuels. Solar energy is free. Why isn't the gov. making an effort to further develop its usage. Guess they haven't figured a way to make a profit from sunshine yet. Or how about hydrogen powered cars?

Sorry for the Bible here, but I'm just about over the edge. I hope everyone remembers what these past 8 years have been like next national election. And yes sir, I do blame the sorry state of our country on our mumbling, bumbling, goofy looking, lame brain president.

kingeddy said:
I think it is way past the time for our government to step in and offer a fix to this problem. And yes, it is our governments job to fix it.
Its also our job to fix the government,how can you expect them to fix the problem when we the voters don't do anything about it,,,DON'T BUY GAS IS THE KEY!!!!!!! BEER IS NOW CHEAPER THAN GAS,,BUY MORE BEER,,PLEASE DRINK,,DON'T DRIVE!!!!!!!

HMRT MotorSports said:
Its also our job to fix the government,how can you expect them to fix the problem when we the voters don't do anything about it,,,DON'T BUY GAS IS THE KEY!!!!!!! BEER IS NOW CHEAPER THAN GAS,,BUY MORE BEER,,PLEASE DRINK,,DON'T DRIVE!!!!!!!

Yes Lord, the government needs lots of fixing!

And like I said regarding oil, conservation is the answer. Just did some checking, in Berlin Germany nearly 40% of their mass transportation busses run on Hydrogen. The switch over to hydrogen was mandated by their government. (Looks like our lame duck gov. is sleeping still). Hydrogen however is not any cheaper than diesel...yet. As more ways to produce hydrogen are researched, or once mass production starts the price is expected to be less than the equivalent of $2.00/gal. Still checking to see what type of mileage you would get from hydrogen.

But i have to disagree with beer being cheaper than gas..

30 pack of miller lite 12 oz cans.....roughly $15.00
30 times 12oz equals 360 ounces. (128 ounces in a gallon)
360 divided by 128 equals 2.813 gallons
$15 divided by 2.813 equals $5.33 per gallon.

Although Stagg, Pabst, and 905 may actually come close to the same price.

We need more E85 stations around, and investment in more alternative fuels, like hydrogen cells.

Also, we need to get the oil tycoons out of office. When are people going to realize that morals don't mean crap when it comes down to running a country. If I'm looking for someone to run a country, the last thing I'm really concerned about is their morals. Since religion and government is supposed to be seperated anyway, why would anyone vote for a person based on religious morals????? HOW STUPID DO YOU GET!!? Vote the person who's qualified to do the JOB, not how they stand with GOD.

Here's one for you to think about.

Natural gas the same stuff you cook with. There is enough in the USA and Canada to power everything for 200 years at the present rate. It runs good in both gasoline and diesel vehicles. It doesn't pollute. It's cheaper then gas about a third the cost. A vehicle starts as good on natural gas as regular gasoline. Right now honda makes a filling station you can mount in your garage.

I seen an article some time ago about a guy who converted his old Galaxy to run on gasoline vapor, and it gets 55mpg, on a V8!!!!

Just think-soon gas will be the price Algore says it should be-$3.50 a gallon.
And remember, his family fortune comes from Occidental Petroleum.

If price regulation is not the solution, then government has no business "fixing" it, because that's all they can do.
It's not the price of gas that drives the price of oil, it's the price of oil that drives the price of gas.
AND OUR GOVERNMENT DOESN'T SET THE WORLD PRICE OF OIL.

When consumers ACTUALLY demand an alternative, the private sector will come up with it. As it is right now, consumers are showing no change in their driving habits. Still driving just as many miles in the Escalades, F350s, etc.

STOP DEPENDING ON THE GOVERNMENT YOU BLAME FOR THE PROBLEM TO COME UP WITH A SOLUTION.

It's not government's job. If you think it is, you need a remedial class in Constitution 101.

For all you business owners, if you think the government should do something, I hope you don't make a 10% profit margin.

The government may need to step in and fix that.

Dirtslinger said:
Just think-soon gas will be the price Algore says it should be-$3.50 a gallon.
And remember, his family fortune comes from Occidental Petroleum.

If price regulation is not the solution, then government has no business "fixing" it, because that's all they can do.
It's not the price of gas that drives the price of oil, it's the price of oil that drives the price of gas.
AND OUR GOVERNMENT DOESN'T SET THE WORLD PRICE OF OIL.

When consumers ACTUALLY demand an alternative, the private sector will come up with it. As it is right now, consumers are showing no change in their driving habits. Still driving just as many miles in the Escalades, F350s, etc.

STOP DEPENDING ON THE GOVERNMENT YOU BLAME FOR THE PROBLEM TO COME UP WITH A SOLUTION.

It's not government's job. If you think it is, you need a remedial class in Constitution 101.

For all you business owners, if you think the government should do something, I hope you don't make a 10% profit margin.

The government may need to step in and fix that.

What does Al Gore have to do with this? Oh..I get it, your next comment will be how pitiful the country would be with him in office. Well, that dog don't hunt. There is no way you can or could predict what would have happenend with him in office.

And price regulation is not the only thing the government can do. Re-read my post, in the late 70's the federal government (led by the Carter administration) mandated that National speed limit be set at 55mph to conserve fuel and limited how little fuel you could buy at one time to prevent individuals from hording. (And for the record, we know the government doesn't set oil prices, the Bush supporters have been very animate about telling us that. Were not that stupid, afterall, we didn't vote for that imbecile.) They could however, not allow our countries natural resources to be sold overseas, as much of the oil that comes from the Alaskan pipeline is.

And it is the governements job. If its not then why is congress working on laws to govern the phone and ISP providers for the very same price gouging the oil companies are guilty of? You people kill me saying don't blame the government. THEY ARE OUR COUNTRIES LEADERS, YOU KNOW THE ONES WE ELECTED TO LEAD THE COUNTRY, TO RUN THE THREE BRANCHES OF OUR GOVERMENT. Why don't you explain contistution 101 to us..since we don't understand it.

The people are still driving the escalades etc. because they cannot afford to trade them in. No one wants to buy a used one because there such gas hogs, thus lowering the trade in value. They are so upside down on what they owe they would loose thousands on the trade in difference alone. Maybe George (mr tax break) Bush could give them a tax break equal to the trade in difference they loose on this years taxes. That might help get them off the road.

sorry, not a personal attack on you, but I just bugs me to no end and I don't understand why everyone says "don't blame the government". Don't blame them for this and that ...but then you applaude them when they pass the ridiculous legislation that they have.

Don't Blame the Government, eh?

Here is a portion from a post from another user, earlier this year regarding Bush checking into the high fuel prices. Funny...whatever happened to the report from our fearless leader that was to be forthcoming?

blackex14
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_379462", true);
reputation_pos.gif

Sick of the High has prices ?

Also yes the government is to blame, they have allowed big oil to merge with each other, so that there is no competion and just enough refineries to go around, its simple, refine less, keep supplies low and then you can charge whatever you want and use any disruption excuse to jack prices every time you want.

The Govt. used to mandate the minimum number of oil companies, since Bush came in this is no longer, now they have all merged and there are less refineries.

Here is a link go read it for yourself \

http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/tr...W145_full.html

Moonflow you are an idiot! Our country was founded on christian principles. I am a God-fearing registered voter and will continue to vote for elected officials who have morals. HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET!!! I think you just showed me. I will pray for you daily.

Back