Great news about Belleville............

im stoked. i grew up going to the track watching my grandpa race there and lived at my grandparents across the street quite a bit.

so glad it will continue to run

This is great news, I would go to Belle-Clair Speedway any day of the week. The up close, in your face, stock car action, and the midgets the best anywhere… excellent!! Thanks Donny for a great last few years and Kenny Brown for taking up the torch. Looking forward to watching some exciting racing at B-C. (And hopefully racing my vintage mod again, hint, hint)

This is great news and THANK you Kenny Brown for stepping up and wanting to keep this race track running. There have been too many dirt race tracks closing over the years. Now fans support this track!!!!

I would think the open wheeled cars would be the main attraction--I think a b-mod series on sunday would work also--have 3 or 4 qualifying nights then a big pay off night perhaps just past mid season--you could have a full season of hornets and switch off a-mods-late models and even a sportsman race or two-I do not belive I know the new guy but would be glad to help set up a program with him----lenny garson----

i am glad to see someone was not scared of sunday night
Is it a given that racing will be Sunday nights? I know track moisture is an issue during daylight hours but I can't imagine the city or more importantly local residents tolerating the noise till 11PM on a Sunday. Not a bash just voicing a concern.

I would think the open wheeled cars would be the main attraction--I think a b-mod series on sunday would work also--have 3 or 4 qualifying nights then a big pay off night perhaps just past mid season--you could have a full season of hornets and switch off a-mods-late models and even a sportsman race or two-I do not belive I know the new guy but would be glad to help set up a program with him----lenny garson----
The new guy is Kenny Brown, who runs POWRi (Midgets) and has been putting on those Midgets show at Belle Clair for several years. He promoters those shows as he runs the POWRi series. He will do fine.

I just hope that this guy is more fair and doesn't allow allied to have their favorites, and we go back to the same old s&it. Everyone gets treated the same no matter who it is If you tech you tech everyone and not tech the one you know wont pass they should be TechEd first

Last edited:
For me personally I would love to see a regular sprint car race track. Midgets weekly with a rotating schedule of all the other classes. I'm just glad they are racing.

I never want to see a racetrack close, especially not Belle-Clair. That being said, I'm skeptical at how well a track will do running primarily on Sundays. I agree that it would be great to see open wheel racing mixing in with fender classes. Hopefully Mr. Brown can work out agreements with other tracks on Fridays and Saturdays to run UMP classes.

I just hope that this guy is more fair and doesn't allow allied to have their favorites, and we go back to the same old s&it. Everyone gets treated the same no matter who it is If you tech you tech everyone and not tech the one you know wont pass they should be TechEd first[/QUOTE]

Kenny has been around midget racing for years, he is the brain trust behind POWRi, (the strongest midget club in the nation) as well as promoting Angell Park Speedway in Sun Prairie WI. which he saved from closing, oh by the way they run Sunday's
I think he is as fair as any series director I've ever been around. He does not tolerate bull$hit. That's what makes him a good series director

Back