Highland Fans Vote

Just curious from the Highland fans who likes or dislike the redraw method for the feature lineups. With 8 drivers & cars instead of the top 6 from dashes. Or no redraw at all. . This is an open discussion among fans only, in the stands, since this redraw was created for you as fans. No drivers or pit crew should be in this discussion. Just want to see how people like this or what can be improved. Thank you all for coming and supporting our track and other tracks in the area, and the cars who put a lot of time in to give you the best show you can come to see !!!!

I am fine with it. Probably not a coincidence that the features have been so much better this year. Involving the fans with the redraw is a good thing, and the bonus money potential adds more interest for me.

As a fan who travels all over to go to races, I really love Highland. I think inverting the top 8 randomly does add something great for the fans because if Chad Zobrist starts on the front row every week that would be pretty boring. However, I think the cards make the dash irrelevant and I think they may be better served to take the dash money in both Latemodels and mods and add it to the feature purse for 1st place and advertise that to hopefully draw in a few more cars. I also would like to see then add Micro Sprints I think the time saved with no dash they could easily add a 5th class and that also brings in more money at the back gate.

They did the same last year and the features were fantastic.
It stinks when one of you favorite drivers wins the heat than has to start 8th but I've also had one of my favorite drivers finish 4th in the heat than start on the front row. It's a luck of the draw but as a FAN I like it. You never know what's gonna happen.
I'm not a fan of the dashes with the 8 starting spot redraw but cars eligible for the dash could very well skip it if they chose.
I hoping someone tries the Carl's 4x4 challenge. I'd be rooting for whoever tries it.
Just my opinion.
Adam.

It makes things exciting but I think 8 cars especially in the lower classes are too many. There are not enough laps in bombers and even bmods to make up that many positions. 6 cars was doable. 8 is a little too much.

as a driver I dont mind it, i know things work both ways. the last 3 redraws for me were 7, 8 and 7. but I also got a 2 the first night at highland. the only thing i dont really like is if there is a dash and a non dash car gets front row I think that kinda stinks. and if you DNF the heat, dont make the dash you shouldnt be in the redraw. that happened once last year. it also kinda stinks that if there are 3 bmod heats races the 3rd place car in heat 3 isnt in the redraw. I do like some sort of a chance of a mix up.

Keep it as is. I understand it sucks as a racer sometimes but sometimes you catch a break also when your in a tough heat. Been on both sides of that with the dice roll at Belle Clair and Pevely. Racing has been good the last 2 years no reason to mess that up. There has been more winners and its kinda what we need in a time like now.

Well this was for fans only. But from what I read it is a good thing !! And I’m all about change and making exiting racing, which it has been!!!. Could be changes according to the posts. Either only redraw from the dash only or include all in heats, this depends on how many heats. The dash right now is fairly useless to run if you will again be in a redraw no matter where you finish. So. The whole night right now is by chance. You pill draw when you register, and start heat how ever your luck is at pill draw. You race hard to make the dash, only to be in another chance redraw of starting position 1-8 for feature. Thanks for you few who commented.

Back