Highland pay cut?

Racing 34

Wasn't able to be at this weeks race . Was wondering if what I heard was correct . Was there a 20% cut in all classes?

my check was $80 bux - usually a 100 not a bad pill to take to keep highland running -- track was very good and I think the A mods n Lates went flag to flag --need to get more butts in the seats JMO

Shouldn't run the following week after a 10k race and then a 10k race at tri city Friday night... Needs to be an off week.... (As far as fans go leny)

Last edited:
If you can't cover the payouts for everything that it costs to put on a show because there are not enough fans in the stands to cover that cost, then the promoter needs to do something to cover the costs of putting on the show.What has happened to the Highland fans? That place use to be good for a crowd in the stands weekly.

If you can't cover the payouts for everything that it costs to put on a show because there are not enough fans in the stands to cover that cost, then the promoter needs to do something to cover the costs of putting on the show.What has happened to the Highland fans? That place use to be good for a crowd in the stands weekly.
They have gone elsewhere to watch a good show. Who wants to go every week and see the same guys win?

The track is so poorly managed this has been coming maybe highland closing isn't such a bad thing can only make racing better everywhere else plenty of cars and standup tracks that will pick up the slack for highland lack of management jmo

Dukman7 I hope your kidding. A track closing is never a good thing. You hardly ever get them back. I hate to hear they are having problems and hopefully can get it figured out

Need to start doing like they did back in the day. Have specials like bands and stuff to help draw in the crowds!!

Highland isn't the only track hurting in the area. They are competing with other sat. night tracks.However cost has killed the whole sport, cars, motors, admission,concession,rules,cheating,just to name a few. And yes seeing the same drivers winning week after week not good, but not the drivers fault. Went to I-55 last year on 5$ night, the place was packed and the were sold out of food and beer after intermission.

Dosnt matter where zobrist qualifys always gets to start on front row fans don't like that

Last edited:
The fact is if we want this sport to survive we all need to try to get our hands into trying to fix the problems even if it's just getting one more friend to come.

The races at Highland are too predictable this year. Why pay when you already know who is going to win the late and mod features . That is one reason why a lot of fans quit going .

Last edited:

Back