HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM kind of HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

racer_05

:confused::confused:So the way it was explained to me at the drivers meeting about the bounty on the 16 mod was if he win he receives the bounty , but if some one beats him they get it. NOT TOO SURE but why dont the track just say hey look no matter who wins the winner is going to get paid more lol guys thats not a bounty when the guy you put it on can win it also , its just a pay increase for first place . JMO its cool first gets more momey and yes if rusty win thats cool to but if he wins for anouther say 10 nights he gets the bounty all ten nights then say 11derek, 7zmatt, 22josh, 56tommy, ect wins the 11th night then the 12th night is the bounty over HMMMMMMMMMMMM thinking of it that way makes me think just saying from now on 1st place in the mods get paid more JMO :confused::confused::confused:

sounds to me it could be a challege to the drivers to drive harder and to get more cars to come down to get the car count up. but good luck to you josh .

The way it was explained in the drivers meeting is how it's done at many, many tracks across the country. Look at it as an incentive to get more competetion after the bounty and if the bountied driver wins it, consider it a reward for doing well.

i understand the track wants more than nine modifeds to show up, i would also the more car's the more money. Bounty's are put out all over the county but , if no one bet's rusty then the next week instead of 100 it goes to 200 dollars and so on thats how you get more car's to come to the track tracy if say four or five weeks go by and he gas still not been beat then as it builds up it will be 500 extra to beat him why would you think anyone would drive to fredrock for the same money every week just to beat rusty but if you let it build week after week and 5 weeks later its worth 500 to beat him plus 500 to win there is where you will get your big car count

Yea Josh_22 if he starts in the front how can anyone beat him. I think he should be in the back so someone else can try to win. And i think when he ran over the front of the 7 car he shoud have went to the back. but when your name is front row giffaw you can win all the time.

guys i didnt make this thread to put down rusty, the guy is setting 2nd in the nation. Do i like seeing him win lol well no i want to win and so does the other drivers in that class thats why we race. but the point i was raising rusty aside i wouldnt care if it was me the bounty was on the point is jesse james had a bounty on his head 10,000 if he would have turned him self in they would no have gave him the bounty. Jeff beason use to win all the time at poplar bluff in the pure street class he never won his own bounty, theran pearl use to race at fredrock back in the 90's when the track put the bounty out on him the track never paid him itand he won 14 in a row. NOW the reason for a bounty is to draw more cars thats why you let it build up . after 14 weeks of building cline myers came up and beat him he took 700 dollars at 50 a week plus the winnings home with him that night. the track went from less than 10 hobby stocks to over 30 in 14 nights . thats how a bounty works......... we are racing for 400 now why in the world does the track think that modifieds would be knocking the gates down to beat rusty for 500 , the only thing the track is doing is paying rustys gas bill not drawing more cars guys i know he is second in the nation but making up cars and adding them to the line up when they are not even in the pits so that there is over 10 cars there NOT 9 so rusty can get his full points and now THE TRACK going to let the man get his own bounty ??????????? ALL THE TRACK IS DOING IS PUTTING A BAD NAME ON A GOOD GUY BY NOT STAYING NEUTRAL AND REPORTING THE RIGHT INFORMATION TO UMP. YOUR PUTTING A BIG TARGET ON RUSTYS CAR TO GET WRECKED. i know is awesome getting to race with someone this high in national points i know cause im out there racing but THE TRACK NEEDS TO KNOW ITS ROLE AND PLEASE STAY NEUTRAL ...............................................................JMO JOSH SKAGGS

Putting Rusty on the back row will not stop him from winning...we've all seen that. You should start the feature where you are supposed to. As far as bounty...I agree with Josh...It should just carry over and build... That's how I thought they worked, but I could be wrong. I'd like to win a few myself, which I haven't done in an A Mod yet, but man Rusty is fun to watch! The dude can drive! Good Luck to Rusty and all challengers!

All the mod drivers should have their pit man come up under the flagmans flagstand and give signals like Rustys guy does. The rules says that is not allowed, but since Rusty is allowed to do it EVERY week, so should ALL the other mod drivers? I'm pretty sure there is ample room for 18 - 22 guys to stand there and break the rules right along side Rustys guy?

Well, for a thread not started to bash Rusty its sure starting to turn that way... If Rusty was finishing 5th, 6th etc none of this would be an issue. Bounty? its better for the rest of the drivers too, so why complain about it in any structure? Signaling? if its gonna be stopped it should be stopped in ALL classes.. Pro 4...............

If you knowingly break the rules, that is called cheating, if 15 drivers do it, it is still called CHEATING!

ive seen rusty at pevely and shepps and he has put on some great racing.its kind of a problem when you work so hard to travel around and do very well everywhere you go and the small track where there isnt much competition has people crying.so its easy pickins for him they are trying to solve that but i dont think they will,he,s a well rounded driver eveywhere he goes.anyone crying should try shepps see how you do at a different track then you'll see what kind of effort he puts in.even if he starts in the back.

Nice observation, if someone expects the RULES to actually apply, you call it "crying".

The fact is, Jeff said " it looks like we are going to have to pull Rusty down if he wins again", I was there, I heard what he said.
After a visit to the pits, it all changed to the Rusty wins more rule. If the track can't stand behind their own rules to help protect the other drivers chance for a win from possible cheating, then what good are any rules?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...nQf10dWCDA&ved=0CCEQBSgA&q=favoritism&spell=1

Hey skippy, where'd you find that rule about signaling a driver? Never seen that one before, and I can't find any f-town rules except purestreet specs...

Btw, just asking because I'm curious. Not trying to "stir any crap", for those who think otherwise.

well again i will say this thread was not started to bash rusty , if i was mad at rusty i would wait till coution came out and drive my modified over the top of his, but im not going to cause i have no problem with rusty . I have said to many people i wish more good well knoun drivers came down as a driver i love racing divers like brent tompson billy smith , rusty ect. its my first full year in a- mods and i have learned if you want to be the best you have to beat the best and i have learned alot fallowing good drivers. my complant was on a bounty and the track not following ump rules and reporting the right amount of cars to ump

Nice observation, if someone expects the RULES to actually apply, you call it "crying".

The fact is, Jeff said " it looks like we are going to have to pull Rusty down if he wins again", I was there, I heard what he said.
After a visit to the pits, it all changed to the Rusty wins more rule. If the track can't stand behind their own rules to help protect the other drivers chance for a win from possible cheating, then what good are any rules?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...nQf10dWCDA&ved=0CCEQBSgA&q=favoritism&spell=1

So now it's supposed to be Jeff's job to make sure other cars are winning??? Jeff's job is to promote the racing and to get more cars in the pits. That's probably why he put the bounty up. It's the drivers resposibility to beat Rusty, not the promotor. Maybe someone will come down and beat him, but the way he was last friday, he could have started in the back and still won.

I missed this... Good job Rusty on your win at Callaway! Photo credit to the Trashdog.

Attachments

• rusty@callaway.jpg
    rusty@callaway.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 223
I'm pretty sure signaling to drivers is legal. If you have been to any UMP Summernational event...every driver has one somewhere. I believe what was outlawed was the use of actual whiteboard signs or any signs with symbols (such as arrows up or down).

Find something else to be angry about. Believe me, the signals have little to do with Rusty's performance. His right foot has pretty much everything to do with the rest...

Back