Hoosier A40S Will Replace A40 As Approved DIRTcar UMP Modified Division Tire Compound on April 1

This should help the low budget racer. No more used tires for sale for about a year. Now those who can't afford $600 in tires will stay home.

can yall say USRA

its time to move on. This is not even really a tire rule change, just really an btw the A40 is being swapped out for th A40S, cause you can still run the H. Or if track allows you can still run the D.

Its time for change past due really

I would like to congratulate Slamming Sammie and Jimmy Mac for solving the problem of the high cost for tires for the modified guys.

SARCASM

I am confused--the article says that racers can use up their existing inventory-I can only assume that refers to the tires already in their possession--what about the dealers such as Chubby chassis-Voigt_null--and others--can they sell what they have in stock???? AND what about the b-mods?? they rely heavily on the used tire market---that dries up and it will cost tracks cars and that aint good------------------------I have more to say but got to go work @ my advanced age LOL & JMO---------------------

There is no date on the burnoff period, you can use them till they are gone is what I was told. B-Mods are by track rules.

I don't agree with the no grooving at all I never really did the extra grooving but I do like to clean out where that extra rubber is on the edge to prolong the life of the tire

I don't see the no spoilers helping much either if its heavy a big motor is still an advantage need to introduce the spec head rule it's not hard to tech

I don't think the spec head rule will make any difference except a reduction in car count. There is a lot of us that have spent years getting our engine programs together. The cost of having to buy all new again would knock a bunch of us out.

I agree with rusty on the tires wearing out faster part.

Not sure on the spec head motor because that motor from SCP costs the same as a full blown Mullins engine when I priced them last year.

Would a solid pull bar and G60 tires limit the traction enough to take away enough of the big motor advantage? Probably not on a tacky track though.

Back