Hoosier Tire rep to be at I-55 this Saturday to work with mods on new A40S tire

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Hoosier Tire will have a representative at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 this Saturday night to work with modified drivers on the new A40S tire.

Jim I don't do quantity that hoosier does. That is no where near a fair comparison.. Plus if I figure in my labor. Price is spot on. Not making any extra

Rick I understand my point is they charge as much as they can, (Hoosier has paid for the right by buying the rules to mandate that we use only Hoosier tires ) and until ump and race tracks and/or racers say we will not pay that for tires nothing will change. As for tires being junk, then they are junk for everyone - so at least the playing field is even for now.

"As for tires being junk, then they are junk for everyone - so at least the playing field is even for now."

That sure makes everyone feel better about lighting those $100 bills on fire.

Last edited:
I don't think the field is ever even, but they are junk. That is for sure!
I think I'm just buying used tires from now on, all the new ones I got are now not legal.
Know what's funny is only us latemodel guys are posting on this and its about the Mod tires. lol

Since Hoosier will be there now is the chance to complain, check the price on hot rod tires though

Ok if they let us run any tire what tire is as fast as the Hoosier
Answer none
What tire is cheaper
Answer all of them
So if your going to win your going to have a Hoosier tire on your car so what have we gained
Answer some what of price control cause if I owned Hoosier and I made the best tire that won races I would raise the price to every year 20% instead of 6%

Jimmy that may be true. I by know means know anything about ar's but what some people I know post.. you may be right.

If everyone is on the same tire then UMP should put this out for bid and ask for a hard tire that wears properly. Since Hoosier has a monopoly when it comes to UMP the prices are inflated. Hoosier is making a fortune. Face it-- Hoosier and UMP do not have the racers best interest at heart. They intentionally make tires that wear out quicker to sell more tires. It's not rocket science. This time they went too far and got caught. And yes I know I didn't listen to mom again!

Everyone has been asking for a 26.5 H for years, but they won't do it. It already exists in Wissota and the only thing they would have to change is the stamp, but that would make too much sense and actually be in favor of the racer.

Al I agree with you and it's been this way for awhile but Hoosier has spent a lot of money to be the only tire allowed in ump.the tracks dictate what sanction we race under.
Al if the city of what ever said we will accept bids to be the only roofer for the whole city I'm sure u would bid as much as you could and if you won the bid you would charge as much as you could to recoupe the money you spent !!!!! Right it's the American way

Rick all I can say about your comment is I sell tire prep to help fund my racing no one I sell prep to has ever had a issue with tires being found to be illegal nor have I i think it's important to keep people informed as to the latest information. you have no proof if I have or have not ever won on prep before but I promise I have way more negative tire tests then you do last count was 39 tire test from race tracks in the last 3 years and never been tested positive

check out the the prices on hoosier hot rod tires and if hoosier is bad then why do most sanctions runthemm over AR

Back