I-55 Dustbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

racing_fan2

racing_fan2
I just don't get what is up at I-55, such a nice facility but seem like they just don't understand a little more water would go a long way!!! But by the time the 13 late model field rolled out for their feature, there was so much dust you could hardly see the small field of cars. The track was locked down and it was all around the bottom. Ray and team should be ashamed to take hard working peoples money for a crappy show like that....low car counts and lots of free dirt to eat. I know you can do better job than that.

I just don't get what is up at I-55, such a nice facility but seem like they just don't understand a little more water would go a long way!!! But by the time the 13 late model field rolled out for their feature, there was so much dust you could hardly see the small field of cars. The track was locked down and it was all around the bottom. Ray and team should be ashamed to take hard working peoples money for a crappy show like that....low car counts and lots of free dirt to eat. I know you can do better job than that.
Negative feedback like that is one of the factors that turn dirt tracks into shopping malls. I was there and it was dusty, but I had goggles on. The dust didnt bother me at all and I enjoyed the show...

Track conditions are just fine there is plenty of water on the track wait until your kid or yourself gets thumped in the head or the eye by a clump of mud and then see what you think. I've heard people not going in the past because of this. Keep doing what your doing I-55 you doing a good job.

Don't know what track you were at, but Korte was running the middle.

There was good racing all through the field. Even though the preferred line was around the bottom, there were two grooves.

I'm not a Korte fan, though. Would've loved to see Weber win that one.

As for the dust, that's nothing new. I've been going there since I was 6 years old (30 years now), and I remember dusty shows back then, as well. When I-55 gets dry slick, she gets dusty.

Last edited:
Wow!! Throwing a fit about dust at a dirt track... Kind of like getting mad about riding a water ride at six flags and getting splashed... ill take the dust and good racing anytime!!!

Mud is for the show and dry slick is for the dough... much better racing when its like that.. track had every bit of two lanes to run on..

Track conditions are just fine there is plenty of water on the track wait until your kid or yourself gets thumped in the head or the eye by a clump of mud and then see what you think. I've heard people not going in the past because of this. Keep doing what your doing I-55 you doing a good job.
wow it s called a dirt track Schmitt happens if you haven't been hit by a dirt ball your not at a dirt track and try getting in the unmentionables

I'm pretty sure the track was bottom groove dominate and wasn't a very gd race track at all and I'm sure they didn't want to put to much water on it because of the outlaws coming this week and it rutting up!!!!!

Not2fast,

Jacob Poel didn't have a problem with the track at Quincy Sunday. Any driver worth a dang will find a way to win. So if 33 is your favorite driver or if you are Keith Pratt stop complaining and find a way to win. Funny thing is I never hear the winners complain about the track its always the guys who didn't win. To everyone else that complains about dirt at a race track....you got to be kidding me. Not2fast if your are the driver of the 33 just say you are. Don't come on STL racing whining about it. I'm pretty sure Ken Dobson has posted his # for you to call and complain.

mb7

P.S. I'm not hiding behind a screen name. If you want to know who I am Not2fast pm me.

If you go back in time, I would say 5-6 years. The week before any big dollar show at I-55 has been a hard surface. To protect the track for the following week. It is what they do. Next week will be hammer down. Just keep this in mind the rest of the year before going.

I am Keith Pratt and it seems like I have a new fan. Mrs not hiding behind a screen name "mb7". I never complained or whined, just was stating that I agree with the previous poster about better racing in the slick.

I'm gonna go find a better way to win I guess lol

Pevely had a huge hole in between turns 1&2 on Saturday. Poel hit and almost went over one lap. Late Model tires were able to get through it easier and Korte made it work. Not sure what they will do with track this coming weekend...normally it is hammer down for the Outlaws, but they may destroy turns 1 & 2 with cutting it deeper and more water. We will see...the ultimate X factor is in the forecast for Thursday!

Most of you would not know good racing if the car landed in you lap, even Korte stated that the only place to run good was around the bottom. The only way that Korte got past Scot Weber was he Weber slipped up and Korte got past him.

I just wonder what you people are looking at when you see no passing and all the car are running in a line around the bottom......it's called a locked down track....crap racing! 13 Late Models and low fan counts = Tracks closing. I-55 was the best in the area, there is so much rubber in the dirt the track will not hold any water. Time for new dirt, and a little more water, this will again be a great track.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back