If Jeff Gordon can make this announcement so can I

FIREBALL

50+ years is a long freaking time--lot of laps over the years--back in the day a lot of checkered flags--made a lot of friends--some enemies--had my heart broken by some race track sweeties and broke a few of their harts on my own --been upside down more than (as far as I know)more than any driver still racing--ran junk most of the time--had a few really good cars-never took money to go racing that was needed to support my family--my body is giving up on me (if I were in better health,,well ya know)I jokingly tell people that I can climb in the car--drive the car--but if I ever turn over in flames just get the hot dogs and marshmellows and have a weiner roast on me--it is NOT a fairwell tour in 2015-i plan on running as much as my health will let me--just a slow down and enjoy life starting in 2016--I will still hop in a car when the mood suites me--still own cars--not as many as I have now--prolly get me a vintage car (funny thing-I have won 3 heat races in the last 3 years all in the #81 hennery J vintage car-the very first race car I worked on 50 years ago)I have promoted races-swap meets-I was the one that got the racers auction going at Bellville --been on the AARA board of directors---I guess I could write a book---heck if I ever do quit I would have to start on my bucket list and I sure cant afford that---not many goals this year except to win a race at TCS as the club of drivers that has won a race on the half--quarter and the present configuration is not that highly populated----thats it for now--C YA AT D RACES

Not to bad Lenny , think of all the people that did not get to do any of those things, Best of luck in the future in what ever you do.

Lenny's a good guy. Always enjoy talking to him at the track. A Guy i would love to drive for if ever giving the opportunity. See you at Brownstown on Friday nights Lenny. Good luck.

Back