It's a shame

Millsey

It's a shame that they decided to run on Friday nights instead of Sunday. They would have been the lone Sunday track in the region. Now they will be in direct competition with Malden, Fredericktown, Tri-City and others in Kentucky. Now instead of being able to work with those tracks they will be fighting them for business....

It is... hummm

Think of all the folks in SE Missouri that have to take time off work early to travel from Sikeston, Cape, or Southern Illinois area before so they could make to the tracks in time to unload, set up, warm up, and register in time. Those that came late and got rushed as last minute entries.

They now have a closer option. That would be a shame that someone would be trying to looking out for them. Work against them or work with them. I think a few years back Sonny and Shirley down at SEMO held a "regional event" in conjuction with the other well ran Karting tracks in the tri-state area. They rotated the mega event between the three tracks. It drew large crowds and competitors for the braggin' rights and the higher than normal payout. Increased the size, increased the payout, increased the laps and the action. Made it into a pretty big deal.

Now I just returned to the area this past year and I don't know if they still do it. I do know that if you can strick a deal with the other tracks, utilize officials from the other tracks in key roles to percievably even the playing fields, and then bill it as a rotating annual event... it builds a following in each others area since the drivers and families then watch out to see how others are doing they become familiar with.

Some folks just don't travel the longer distances. Some folks can't afford the additional gas, wear and tear, and knowing most of the fields are not going to be making a living at it... won't do it often. I for one was only planning maybe to hit 3 or 4 trips based on the timing and the travel. Now with Benton re-opening it will afford me the opportunity to have a lot more fun closer to home more often. Cut the cost it takes to get there and we will spend more on keeping our stuff together. More cars, more racing, more crowds.

The folks in the stands... to get them there is somewhat similar. I think the price to get in on the grandstands may be high to start off. I think something like a family pass at reduced rates, group rates, or maybe a individual season pass rate would be helpful. Radio tickets for the games they play in the mornings and afternoons. TV website trivia questions for free tickets or discounts. Dunno... not the promotor nor do I want the job. That be Billy's deal now and I hope he figures it out. I just have all these ideas in my head. Ideas.. they be free... to implement them is when they start costing money. And I have spent plenty!!!

My thought.. may be way off but here goes. Run on Sunday... your in the Bible belt region... A lot of folks hit church in the am or early afternoon. They now go to thier families (parents, grandparents, inlaws) to visit and take in lunch or dinner. If one makes the call to run on Sundays... what time is open, where do you prioritize folks beliefs or family to racing? Will it be consistent. Run in the afternoons and you get the heat. Run at the night and you get the folks leaving early in the stands cuz they gotta go to work in the morning. Some of my folks start at 10pm on Sunday night. Some of them want to race or go there to watch but not on Sunday.

Tough call either way however it has to be about more than business when a event is held on Sundays in this region. I know my folks absolutely hate to work Sunday and call ins are going to happen due to "Sunday is Family Day". If they call out of work on Sunday for family... they sure are not going to race on Sunday.

What time on friday are they going to start?? Sunday would be a good day to race. Its going to be hard to get there on friday and work to.

i think sunday would have been great . it will be hard for alots of people to get off work in time to drive there on friday night . Caruthersville run sunday and they pulled cars from ky. ar. tn. il. & mo. sunday would not pull cars from any track and give alot of cars a place to race
progress.gif

what time

To all you racers, I will find out monday, what time we will open the gates and what time we will start racing. Also give the promoter a break. He is trying to give all you racers in this area a place to race. Also Millsey is a good friend of mine, and I have talked to him about all the issues that all of you are complaining about, he has been real good about it. He understands why we are running on friday, and we are trying to work with him. Millsey is a good promoter and has help in the past. Good luck Millsey this year at the track, and I hope we will have the success this year like you have had in the past.

Coloradojoe, All of us at #97 Worley Motorsports Race Team are very excited to here that Benton will be running again this year. Please be reasured that you will see us every Friday night at the track. Hope to have a good field of 410 Sprints there every weekend.

Coloradojoe, All of us at #97 Worley Motorsports Race Team are very excited to here that Benton will be running again this year. Please be reasured that you will see us every Friday night at the track. Hope to have a good field of 410 Sprints there every weekend.
Thanks glad to hear some one with good news, see you at the track

Cost you more in travel expense then you will win!

Oh MY!!!!!! :eek: Your gonna get RED FLAGGED by the millsey.

If you're lucky you'll get help from Millsey. Wicker Bill is a known mouth from the Farmington board because he doesn't get his way all the time, but then again that's typical of his group...

It's a shame that they decided to run on Friday nights instead of Sunday. They would have been the lone Sunday track in the region. Now they will be in direct competition with Malden, Fredericktown, Tri-City and others in Kentucky. Now instead of being able to work with those tracks they will be fighting them for business....
HEY MILLSEY,MAYBE YOUR TRACK NEEDS TO THINK ABOUT IT . IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE IT FIGURED OUT...............:eek:

Back