Jacksonville curfew

Good for Jacksonville!!! Sounds like the city council understands that the race track is a revenue producer and the track tries hard to work with the curfew.

I was in Jacksonville Friday night. There was a big crowd. The track should be a responsible neighbor & Jacksonville Speedway is from my experience. The towns should realize the money making potential from these tracks & not provide unnecessary roadblocks.

One only need to look at Fairbury to see what it can look like when the town & it's businesses are really behind the track. How much $ you think that town brings in for the PDC weekend?

While I think it is admirable that the promoter is wanting to pay the fine, they EASILY could have been done before 11pm with a little sense of urgency. Also, they were not done by 11:15pm.

With that being said, it is good to see that they track and city council are working together.

I wouldn't mind if all tracks had curfews. Too many allow shows to drag on way too long. Midnight is much too late for a normal weekly show. imo.

I wouldn't mind if all tracks had curfews. Too many allow shows to drag on way too long. Midnight is much too late for a normal weekly show. imo.
You are so right - you look at the tracks that are successful and doing well, they are getting their advertised feature event done by 11. Pevely has been doing a great job this year, Granite too except for the sprint late model show a few weeks ago

Back