Just a question.

CG4518

cg4518
Anyone know why the 1W isn't at pevely this year? That's a huge loss..thanks just curious.

I hope what I hear isn't true..but What worries me is if we've came to a time where a promoter/track/sanctioning body rips off a fellow racer and the racing community doesn't stick together and hold that party responsible. Or even talk about it for that matter..o_O

I was just wondering u don't haft to be smart about it intake
Don't get all butthurt, not being smart by any means, just give him a call and ask him. He told me I'm sure he'll tell you. That way it's not through the rumor mill it's straight from the horses mouth.

When an association stops treating their drivers, drivers sponsors, fans, workers, or supporters, with respect and dignity that they all deserve these things happen. An occasional thank you or good job besides when it is expected or when the person saying it is only doing it to benefit themselves at the time, goes along way. There are a lot of people who no longer support associations that do not follow rules, show favoritism, allow for corruption and unfair dispersal of money. This is true from top levels all the way down to local levels, not just in racing either.

Fans have so many options to spend their money on they are looking for the best bang for the buck. Thant bang a lot of times comes from the place that makes them feel at home and treats them like family, not just like a source of income.

As for Ray he is enjoying watching Jason race on Saturdays without having to be worried about his stuff also. He says it is Jason's time to race, hes getting close to that feature win also. As for any other reason, just ask him next time you see him he might tell you, he did me.

Losing racers like the Showstopper sucks for a track. Guys like him put people in the seats. I for one have only been to i55 a few times this year. Used to go every saturday night. No 1w not much desire to go for me.

yes it is a shame but the racing is still very good yesy i would see Ray back there also

You get as much support back as you give. A Kreke 8/18/15. LOL

Many promoters should learn this simple rule. They would do much better attracting and keeping racers and fans. Let's be honest Ray W should be racing some where somehow.

Drifter and Homan both have nailed it. And yes we have been at Highland every Saturday with Jason's car and every week we have been thanked for coming. A simple thanks for coming goes a long way. Also go to Granite City and sometime throughout the night either Kevin or Tammy stop by and thank every car for their support. A business, any business that tries to live off their reputation from 10 years ago is destined to fail without change.

Last edited:
We have been running at Pevely for a year and a half now. And we get at least 2 or 3 thanks yous from the staff and Ray always is one of them. I have noticed though if someone criticizes anything they sure don't take it as constructive but personal.
I do see it has effected the turnout, sure hope it changes because it is a great place. Its just not as consistant as it should be in several areas.

Well when you use the phrase "if ya dont like it how we do it go somewhere else" sometimes they do.

This sort of thing, other rudeness and promotion that's in the style of Lake Hill Speedway c 1977..... In the end it will probably suffer the same fate....

Back