Kenny Wallace

faustfan2

Read on another site that after Peoria someone claimed Kenny's motor but nothing came of it because it was his first time at the track. Anybody got some knowledge of this?

Skip down to I.) it should explain it to you.

15.1.1 Engine Claims
A.) Any qualified UMP Modified competitor has the right to claim any engine
provided they follow
the specifications as set forth by the rules herein.
To begin the claim a $550.00 fee, plus the
agreement to an engine exchange in addition to $50.00 for the tow truck operator. All claims do not
include: flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, b
ell housing, headers, carburetor, starter, fan & pulleys,
motor mount, sending units and switches for oil pressure and water temperature, carburetor
adaptor, clutch ball, clutch arm, throw out bearings, dip stick, water pump, distributor, plug wires or
fuel pump.
B.) Any competitor who processes a claim must have taken the checkered flag in the feature race
and have finished the feature race on the ‘lead lap’. The claim must be presented in cash or
certified check to promoter or designated DIRTcar official
within five (5) minutes after the
completion of the feature race. The driver must have the claim payment and his/her DIRTcar
current/valid membership and claim card available. A third party cannot provide these items to the
claiming driver. (Yearly members
hip runs from January 1 through December 31.) All claims,
positive or negative, must be reported immediately to DIRTcar headquarters by the event promoter
and/or chief steward of the event. Drivers will only have the ability to make two (2) claims in any
UMP Modified
season. A driver can claim another driver’s engine only once during the year. Only
the engine of the event winner can be claimed. In case of multiple claims on the same engine, the
engine will go to a qualified driver who finished the furthest
back in the field on the lead lap. Drivers
may not claim an engine if he/she has spun out and caused a caution period. If a claim is refused,
the claim is not held against the claiming driver. The claim rule is intended to maintain cost
effectiveness and a level playing field in the UMP Modified division.
C.) Any driver making a claim must drive his/her car immediately after the finish of the feature,
under its own power, directly to the claiming area. Only drivers and officials will be permitted in the
claim area. The claim area must be designated by the promoter to all drivers at the driver’s meeting
prior to the feature event. The feature winner must go to the claim area immediately following the
finish of the feature event. If no driver comes immediately
to the claiming area, the winner mayproceed as directed.
D.) The claimed engine must be completely removed within one (1) hour from the time the claim is
made.
E.) The first sell/no sell or trade of the engine by the driver being claimed is considered
binding.
F.) Only a qualified driver may claim an engine and only the winning driver may agree to sell.
G.) Any refusal to sell forfeits all cash, trophies and contingency winnings for the feature as well as
all DIRTcar State and Nationals points’ award for
that night. Any driver refusing to sell his/her
engine the first time is fined $200.00 and is suspended for the next racing event at their home track
and one (1) week from all DIRTcar sanctioned race tracks. The second infraction for a driver
refusing to sell their engine is a $600.00 fine and a suspension from all DIRTcar sanctioned tracks
for 30-days.
H.) All claimed engines must be removed from the car at the track. The buyer must examine the
engine before removal. Once removal has started, the sale is
final. Any sabotage to claim an engine will result in the saboteur being suspended from all DIRTcar races for 30-days and until the
fine of $1,000.00 is paid to DIRTcar.
I.) To claim an engine, the claiming driver must have raced at least one-half of the sanctioned
events at the sanctioned track where the claim is made or at a minimum the three (3) most recent
consecutive feature events at that track. A driver can have his/her engine claimed at any time. No
claim can be made against a driver on his/her first night at a sanctioned track.

It was Osborne that tried to claim him. He wanted to claim Mike Chasteen and was told only the winner can be claimed, so then he tried wallace.

Section I is the reason the claim was disallowed

It would cost small fortune to get all the bolt on stuff for that toyota engine of kenny's. I wouldnt go down that road. Heard like the headers flywheel power steering brackets are all one off stuff. Not in major production

Some may disagree with me. But I think that this should make a come back. I applaud Osborne for trying. He should have read the rules a little closer though.

Also, he would of had to have exchanged his motor (given it to Wallace). So they would of most likely put themselves out for a while if they didn't have another backup motor.

what motor does Osborn run?? seems to me there should be some consideration in regards to the exchange motor being of the same brand JMO

If the guy knows a good machine shop, it wouldn't take long for him to bolt the motor up.

Get a late model and he would not have to worry about it. Nascar guys do not belong in modifieds, unless they put their winnings back in the purse.

supposed to be a current production auto manufacture engine. I highly doubt that Kenny's motor came out of a Toyota vehicle

Agree Alcohol...but with that being said he's an average of just above average driver.. He don't win much around here and especially when the bigger names are there... He's never won a mod mania or anything like that... That shows you that you can have the best stuff money can buy but you still have to be able to drive it... I always thought he was brought into nascar because of his brother and the personality he has... He is a bullshitter..

I used to think they didn't belong at the local level in mods, but he doesn't have anything better than anyone else. Yes he does have great stuff, but is it really better than anything that Harrison or Long or Hoffman has? Nope! He is a darn good driver and a good dude to be around.

His unfair advantage comes when it is a whole lot easier for him to get sponsors and have a tax deduction than do most racers. I heard him do a interview a few years back and he said he is a wealthy man but can not run with the Moyers and Bloomquests. To me that is saying if I CAN NOT RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS I WILL STAY ON THE PORCH. Little did he know at the time there is some dam good modified drivers out there that work normal jobs. Rant over.

you don't win the summit modified points championship, not knowing how to drive... he is sitting second or third in current summit modified points also.. with that being said, I would venture to say that most front running mod racers are really close on power regardless of engine make or engine builder. as far as mod mania, Devin Gilpin has never won it either to the best of my knowledge, but he is a multi time U.M.P national champion with lots of wins. you just don't win in the mods unless you can drive... period

and Mr. Gilpin did a great job in the super feature last night (2d) Pierce was all over him and the lapped traffic was a nightmare --

Holy shit the crybabies are flooding themselves out on this one! boo hoo wah wah..Kenny Wallace does a lot for our sport and is a darn good dude. Now somebody get these guys a kleenex

Back