Kentucky Lake making the decision to cut pay after August 1

big swigg

https://kylakespeedway.com/2015/07/28/klms-schedule-changes-announced/

Kentucky Lake has made the decision to start going with regular pay after August 1. These guys have put more money out there then any other track around to give the racers something different.. Car counts have not been very good.. This goes back to the question of... Is the weekly show a thing of the past or is the big shows a thing of the past? Especially in the modifed class... There's been some big shows and the car counts have been terrible.. I will give a couple examples... American Modified Series had 2 events a couple weeks ago... Chandler Indiana & Clarksville Tennessee...'Both places less than 15 cars for $1500.. Flora has a race over the weekend and had 2/ $5000 to win races and a total purse of over $15,000 each night.. 37 cars Friday night & 31 cars Saturday night.. Those numbers are just mind boggling to me... Maybe it's the area I'm not real sure, but you would think there would be some more travelers for that kind of money.. Not sure what the fix is here, but things have to change or tracks won't be able to continue to operate.. I understand everyone supports there local track, but if you're fast enough to travel I feel you should visit some of these shows or these shows won't be around much longer.. When these shows are gone then you will hear everyone complaining.. Not sure what the answer is, but it's crunch time for a lot of these tracks.. In this immediate area east and south of Flora the weekly shows are hurting with car counts and then they have a special show and it's still not very good.. Not sure what the answer is, but this is another example of dirt tracks struggling.... It sure don't help either with the negativity that some of these tracks get from social media.. Don't see people knocking down doors to promote a track..

fairbury had 47 for 2 k to win payoff doesn't really reflect car counts explain how you can get 50 lates for 2 k to win but 35 for 10k

Is it location of some of these tracks? the ones around saint louis have alot of racers with the city and all. Isn't paducah close by to KLMS? how are they doing?

not well either this season has been tough for everyone between flooding and rain outs and such

I can't believe how many rain outs. When i was back in town, out of 3 weeks or so i only got to see one race due to rain outs

Paducah only had 30 cars between 4 classes last Friday. 10 years ago PIR and KLMS both had good car counts and put on great shows. I guess it's just a sign of the times!

Big Swigg you sure promote Flora a bunch and up to this point I have just read what you had to say and kept quiet.
The last time I ran at Flora I had a hard time getting paid so I'll never go back, and I tell every one I know what happened, not on "social media" but face to face.
I know, I know you'll ask how long ago was this injustice, long enough that I don't remember the date, but I'll not forget what happened!!!!

THANX RICH

wow thats as bad as here in las vegas, or local track an hour away never has more than 15 in a class and normally anything over 10 is a big class

fairbury had 47 for 2 k to win payoff doesn't really reflect car counts explain how you can get 50 lates for 2 k to win but 35 for 10k[/QUOTE Fairbury and Tri city is the exception... I was saying Flora and then to the east and south struggle

If you've done what you said you've done about reading my post you would see I promote all BIG mod races... Not just Flora... I live in Flora and as far as you being paid I have no clue as I've never been apart of the track at all.. Don't put me into your little rant about Flora not paying... I love mod races and I will help anyone willing to put on a big show... I've helped with giving money to drivers and promoters to help along the way.. Enjoy the mods... I ask you not to pull me into your problems with not getting paid at Flora because I have nothing to do with that... I swear it's amazing how people can take a thread/post and totally destroy it with something different.. I can promise you if I didn't get paid I would find out why and who it was that didn't pay me instead of getting on social media and taking about it... Just like it was said in another post about Rusty Griifaw if you have a problem with someone go to that person don't air it out on social media... There's only been 3 people ever to promote Flora so they won't be hard to find if this is the truth...

Big Swigg you sure promote Flora a bunch and up to this point I have just read what you had to say and kept quiet.
The last time I ran at Flora I had a hard time getting paid so I'll never go back, and I tell every one I know what happened, not on "social media" but face to face.
I know, I know you'll ask how long ago was this injustice, long enough that I don't remember the date, but I'll not forget what happened!!!!

THANX RICH

I will say this I have no clue as to what happened for you not to get paid... I will say this though... Let's say you buy a business and the old owner screwed someone over... Would it be fair to you as the new owner to take the hit because the previous owner screwed someone over years ago.......? That's not right!! You or I can help with what happened years ago... Don't hold a grudge on the previous owner because the old owner screwed you.. That's my rant...

well its the truth with that being said many tracks are hurting this for what ever reason

If some one buys a business that screwed me over in the past you can bet the new owner will not get any of my business!!!!
I never said I didn't get paid, I said I had a hard time getting paid.
Read my post.
You're the guy that is getting people posting on here, in a negative manor, with your argumentative position of having to have the last word.
I'm done....

THANX RICH

https://kylakespeedway.com/2015/07/28/klms-schedule-changes-announced/

Kentucky Lake has made the decision to start going with regular pay after August 1. These guys have put more money out there then any other track around to give the racers something different.. Car counts have not been very good.. This goes back to the question of... Is the weekly show a thing of the past or is the big shows a thing of the past? Especially in the modifed class... There's been some big shows and the car counts have been terrible.. I will give a couple examples... American Modified Series had 2 events a couple weeks ago... Chandler Indiana & Clarksville Tennessee...'Both places less than 15 cars for $1500.. Flora has a race over the weekend and had 2/ $5000 to win races and a total purse of over $15,000 each night.. 37 cars Friday night & 31 cars Saturday night.. Those numbers are just mind boggling to me... Maybe it's the area I'm not real sure, but you would think there would be some more travelers for that kind of money.. Not sure what the fix is here, but things have to change or tracks won't be able to continue to operate.. I understand everyone supports there local track, but if you're fast enough to travel I feel you should visit some of these shows or these shows won't be around much longer.. When these shows are gone then you will hear everyone complaining.. Not sure what the answer is, but it's crunch time for a lot of these tracks.. In this immediate area east and south of Flora the weekly shows are hurting with car counts and then they have a special show and it's still not very good.. Not sure what the answer is, but this is another example of dirt tracks struggling.... It sure don't help either with the negativity that some of these tracks get from social media.. Don't see people knocking down doors to promote a track..
Maybe it's just my opinion which usually isn't worth much, but maybe drivers are tired of rules not being enforced, maybe they're tired of being of being treated like red headed step children by track officials or maybe the cost to be competive has gotten to the point that only a few can travel. Me traveling is like pissing on a forest fire, why bother? I don't knock the guys that can afford to do it,but there's not many left that can. 95.% of us can't afford it, I have a hard time affording to run at my local track. It's gotten way out of hand.

I believe you was the one that was negative.... I was just posting what Kentucky Lake is doing... Then I was asking why this is happening in the area... I never insulted or talked bad about anyone... I believe you was the 1st one to do that..

If some one buys a business that screwed me over in the past you can bet the new owner will not get any of my business!!!!
I never said I didn't get paid, I said I had a hard time getting paid.
Read my post.
You're the guy that is getting people posting on here, in a negative manor, with your argumentative position of having to have the last word.
I'm done....

THANX RICH

being negative or telling the truth Clarksville is not drawing too many cars either, you didn't mention they have 4 or 5 touring specials coming in also

Last edited:

Back