Kudos to Brownstown and a curious thought

Mikeb7777

Thank you for putting on that event last night Charlie, I know a lot of fans and drivers I am sure wanted to get a race in with all the weather we have had.

I just wonder if that type of format (Tuesday nights) for a track like Brownstown could work well each week. Like run Late models permanently, A mods, B mods, and maybe alternate hornets and Street Stocks to keep the classes to 4 to get done earlier, start at 7 so everyone has time to get there. ( I came from St Louis). Maybe I am just dreaming, but they wouldn't be competing with any other tracks and it I wonder if it would be sustainable and as successful or more then competing with other tracks on Saturday and not having Late Models weekly.

I know I would be there nearly every week. lol

Back where I'm from in IMCA country in iowa, we have two tracks that run Wednesday night, weekly. BVR ran 5 classes and SIS ran 6. BVR would start hot laps at 530 with racing at 6, never left later than 930. SIS with 6 classes started hotlaps at 6 racing at 630 and we never got out of there later than 9:30-10:00.

Both tracks averaged between 80-100 cars each Wednesday night. It was awesome and I greatly miss race programs that ran through in a timely manner so that we could do them on weeknights. There are less cars at the tracks here with more classes yet the nights are longer. If we could bring the times down, weekday racing could be a thing down here too!

I truly think it could work if done correctly but I also don't think any track is likely to take that plunge to try. It would give the drivers and fans another night of the week to enjoy a race. One other benefit for the drivers that care is that it would give them another night of the week to get UMP points.

Absolutely! I raced Tuesday at Fayette county and I'd do it again if they tried again. I absolutely loved it this way in Iowa. We could race 4 nights a week, 5 if there was a monday holiday like memorial day as track would also race that day with an earlier start time all for Imca points even. It really was a great thing.

If a nearby track like Fayette gave it a shot, I'd definitely support it!

Back