M.A.R.S. Prepares For Triple Header, Triple State Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Batesville, Arkansas (August 9th, 2006) – As the summer heat kicks into high gear so does the Mid America Racing Series as they prepare for a triple header weekend that will see the stars and cars of the tour traversing three states in three nights.

With the season a little past the midway point, the point’s battle is starting to heat up with a pair of three time series’ champions waging war for the top spot on the tour. Bill Frye (Arkansas) currently holds a slim, eight point lead over Terry Phillips (Missouri) for the point’s lead. Jeff Taylor (Arkansas), Steve Rushin (Missouri), and Billy James (Missouri) currently round out the top five in series’ points and will all be looking to make up ground in the point’s race this weekend.

Other M.A.R.S. competitors expected for this weekend include Justin Wells (Missouri), Jeff Floyd (Arkansas), Joey Mack (Missouri), Brandon McCormick (Missouri), Dane Dacus (Tennessee), and Jordan Jones (Arkansas). Will Vaught (Missouri) is the current leader in the 2006 Rookie of the Year standings and will also be in attendance. There will also be a few occasional M.A.R.S. competitors dropping in on the weekend festivities including Billy Moyer (Arkansas), Billy Moyer Jr. (Arkansas), and Todd Hall (Missouri).

The U.M.P. tour will throw several drivers into the mix as they go head to head with the M.A.R.S. competitors on Friday night at Paducah International Raceway and on Saturday night at I-55 Raceway.

Night #1 of the triple header will find the M.A.R.S. tour going head to head with the U.M.P. tour at Paducah International Raceway in Paducah, Kentucky in the Wayne Coakley/Bob Memmer USA World 50 paying $5,000 to the winner on Friday, August 11th. This will mark the first ever appearance by M.A.R.S. at PIR. Paducah International Raceway is located off of Interstate-24 at exit 11 in Paducah, Kentucky. For more information call the PIR hotline at 270-448-4PIR, the track at 270-898-SHOW (7469). Check out the PIR Website at www.paducahinternationalraceway.com or www.paducahracing.com

Night #2 of the triple header will find the M.A.R.S. competitors once again clashing with the U.M.P. tour at I-55 Raceway in Pevely, Missouri in a $5,000 to win/$500 to start event on Saturday, August 12th. This will be the first time that the Martians from M.A.R.S. have invaded the highbanks of I-55 raceway. I-55 Raceway is located 30 minutes south of downtown St. Louis on Interstate 55 at Pevely exits 180 & 178. For more information call (636) 479-3219 or visit the official website of I-55 Raceway at www.i55raceway.com

Night #3 of the triple header will find the M.A.R.S. competitors waging war on the ¼ mile, oval at Tri-City Speedway in Pontoon Beach, Illinois for a $3,000 to win/ $500 to start purse on Sunday, August 13th. M.A.R.S. has competed on the half mile track at Tri-City Speedway, but this will be the first time that the series has raced on the ¼ mile. For more information, visit the official website of Tri-City Speedway at http://www.TriCitySpeedway.net or call 618-931-7836

For more information on the series visit the official website of the Stacker 2 Mid America Racing Series at www.midamericaracingseries.com.

Back