McIntosh Kicks Off Ambitious 2018 Slate with POWRi Midget Turnpike Challenge

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lonnie Wheatley, BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (March 22, 2018) – An invaluable season of laps is about to get under way for Cannon McIntosh and the RL Hudson/Toyota-TRD No. 08 team with this weekend’s POWRi Midget portion of the Fifth Annual Turnpike Challenge at Oklahoma City’s I-44 Riverside Speedway on Friday and Saturday.
The 15-year-old from Broken Arrow, OK, is set to take on a schedule of approximately 60 events in 2018 including a mix of POWRi, POWRi West and USAC Midgets along with ASCS Sprint Cars and more.
“We’ll be doing a lot of traveling to different tracks and trying our best to get solid top-fives and top-tens,” the Micro Sprint grad explains.
It begins with this weekend’s double atop the cozy confines of the 1/5-mile I-44 Riverside Speedway clay oval in southwest Oklahoma City with a stellar field of cars expected for the weekend’s POWRi Midget action.
McIntosh made a pair of Midget starts at I-44 Riverside Speedway last year, posting a third-place finish in his most recent start atop the Oklahoma City clay last June.
That podium finish was among four top-fives and nine top-tens that McIntosh posted en route to a ranking of fourth in 2017 POWRi West Midget points along with Rookie of the Year honors.
McIntosh’s most recent action came at the noted Tulsa Shootout in the closing days of 2017, posting sixth-place finishes in both the Winged “A” Class and Stock Non-Wing divisions on New Year’s Eve. The strong finishes came amongst fields of 284 (Stock Non-Wing) and 232 (Winged “A” Class) entries.
With a season of Midget racing experience already under his belt, McIntosh adds a 360-ci ASCS Sprint Car to the mix in 2018 with an ASCS Red River Region double at Sapulpa’s Creek County Speedway and then Caney (KS) Valley Speedway on April 21-22 the first slated outings for the Sprint Car.
Along with RL Hudson and Toyota-TRD, other marketing partners making this ambitious slate of events possible includes American Discount, Complete Auto Care, Best Graphics, Fieldhouse Gear, Precision Inspection, Sanders and Associates, Panels by Smoke, Walker Performance, Sanders Wheels, American Discount Brake and Muffler, D&N Fabrication, Car and Fleet and Infinity Shocks.
McIntosh’s current slate of events for 2018, tentative and subject to change, is as follows:
MARCH:
Friday-Saturday 3/23-3/24- I-44 Riverside Speedway, Oklahoma City, OK-POWRi National
APRIL:
Friday 4/13-Red Dirt Raceway, Meeker, OK- POWRi West midgets
Saturday 4/14-Caney Valley Speedway, Caney, KS-POWRi West midgets
Friday 4/20-Creek County Speedway, Kellyville, OK-ASCS Sprints
Saturday 4/21-Caney Valley Speedway, Caney, KS-ASCS Sprints
Saturday 4/28: I44 Speedway, OKC, OK-POWRi West midgets/stock micros
MAY:
Friday 5/4-Grain Valley Speedway, Grain Valley, MO-POWRi National midgets/WAR Sprints
Saturday 5/5-Lucas Oil Speedway, Wheatland, MO-POWRi National midgets/ASCS sprints
Saturday 5/12-Port City, Tulsa, OK-POWRi West midgets/stock micro
Friday 5/18-Creek County Speedway, Kellyville, OK-ASCS Sprints
Saturday 5/19-Lawton Speedway, Lawton, OK-ASCS Sprints
Saturday-Sunday 5/26-5/27-Airport Raceway, Garden City, KS- POWRi West/Stock micros
JUNE:
Friday 6/1-Red Dirt Raceway, Meeker, OK-ASCS Sprints
Friday 6/8-Jacksonville Speedway, Jacksonville, IL-POWRi National midgets
Saturday 6/9-Macon Speedway, Macon, IL-POWRi National midgets
Sunday 6/10-Lincoln Speedway, Lincoln, IL-POWRi National midgets
Wednesday 6/13-Lawton Speedway, Lawton, OK-ASCS National Sprints
Thursday 6/14- Creek County Speedway, Kellyville, OK-ASCS National Sprints
Friday 6/15-Red Dirt Raceway, Meeker, OK-POWRi West midgets
Saturday 6/16-I44 Speedway, OK-POWRi West midgets/stock micros
Friday-Saturday 6/29-6/30-Port City, Tulsa, OK-DRC stock micros
JULY:
Tuesday 7/10-Red Dirt Raceway, Meeker, OK-USAC midgets
Friday-Saturday 7/13-7/14-Grain Valley Speedway, Grain Valley, MO-POWRi National midgets
Sunday 7/15-Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex, Sweet Springs, MO-USAC National midgets
Friday-7/27-Creek County Speedway, Kellyville, OK-ASCS Sprints
Saturday 7/28-I44 Speedway, OKC, OK- POWRi West midgets
AUGUST:
Friday-Saturday 8/3-8/4-Federated Auto Parts Raceway@I-55-Pevely, MO- POWRi National midgets
Friday-Saturday 8/24-8/25-Humboldt Speedway, Humboldt, KS-POWRi West midgets/WAR sprints
SEPTEMBER:
Saturday-Sunday 9/1-9/2-Lake Ozark Speedway, Eldon, MO- POWRi National midgets/ASCS Sprints
Saturday 9/8- I44 Speedway, OKC, OK- POWRi West midgets
Saturday 9/15-I-30 Speedway, Little Rock, AR- ASCS Sprints
Thursday-Saturday 9/20-9/22- Lucas Oil Speedway, Wheatland, MO-ASCS Sprints
OCTOBER:
Thursday-Saturday 10/4-10/6-I-30 Speedway, Little Rock, AR-Short Track Nationals
Friday-Saturday 10/26-10/27-Creek County Speedway, Kellyville, OK- POWRi West midgets/ASCS Sprints
NOVEMBER:
Friday-Saturday 11/9-11/10-Kennedale Speedway Park, Kennedale, TX- POWRi National midgets
Up Next: POWRi Midgets “Turnpike Challenge” at I-44 Riverside Speedway in Oklahoma City, OK, on Friday and Saturday.
Keep Track: Keep track of Cannon McIntosh’s on-track action including schedule and results at https://www.facebook.com/cmacracing/.
If you would like Cannon McIntosh Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.
Penning the recurring series of “The Wheatley Chronicles” articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, Lonnie Wheatley provides media, public relations and more for select tracks, drivers and events. For more information, Wheatley may be contacted at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Back