Medley's win??

dbrfan77

Dawn Standridge
If Medley's car was found to be illegal, why is he still being credited with the win?

What was he illegal for?

Im sure who post the results didnt know he was illegal or if that's evan true what your saying.

I may be a bi*ch but I'm not a liar...Allied rules state a minimum of 108 wheel base. That is what they checked last night and he was less than that on both sides. 108 minimum NOT somewhere around that. I don't think he was trying to cheat...just happened to not meet the minimum. He's not the first to be illegal and everyone else has faced the penilities.

Heard he had 107 inch wheel base....

Also- why is it that him losing all of his points is even up for debate? Cheating is cheating, I dont care how much the rules are bent, or how little. Every driver & team has a responsibility to follow the rules, and when you arent doing that- you dont deserve to keep your points.

I sure hope the board makes the right decision on this.

medely win

a rule is a rule that's why there are rules FOLLOW THEM You can't just pick and choose who will lose points and who won't. If the board doesn't act on this that is pretty piss poor . If it would have been a few other guys I bet they would not hesitate . You don't have your car legal you should pay . All you sportsman drivers should ban together on this one

I wonder if they have checked body widths lately. Looks to me some of the sportsman cars are wider than others. Or maybe its the color combination that makes them appear wider. Also To check the true wheel base, the front should have no toe out. If the car is toed out it will appear to shorten the wheelbase if they are checking it by the center of the wheel. Toed in it will lengthen the wheel base.

jsmith is correct also caster affects it , but in 1978 the first year for metric frames the buick regal were 107 from the factory ,dont know anything about troys car but just some info for allied

check that one off the list huh lol.. usually these cars are toed out a 1/4 or 1/2 inch.. not really enough for an inch of wheel base..this kinda stuff has been over looked all year at mostly all tracks.. come on allied stick to ur rules.. if it were us there'd be no question about it..

If I was a betting man I would bet that Medley isn't the only illegal car out of the sportsman class at pevely. He's just the only car that got caught, so far.

I doubt he was doing it intentionally but rules are rules and hopefully they stick by them.

To be honest...if i owned a sportsman car..id check mine right now because if you think the cars dont get tweaked(1/4 of an inch out can equal an inch on a side to side measurement. How do i know?? I was trained in alignments). It happens. Get hit...hit a rut...clip a tire..and wham. Frame gets bent or what we call...torqued. The X in the frame moves around because the frames are so thin even with a roll cage it happens.

If I was a betting man I would bet that Medley isn't the only illegal car out of the sportsman class at pevely. He's just the only car that got caught, so far.

I doubt he was doing it intentionally but rules are rules and hopefully they stick by them.

Id have to agree. Only one caught...so far.

I'm aware that Medleys car is a sportsman, but about a month ago there was a post on here regarding Don Oneil getting caught with a short wheelbase. There was a link to an article written by a journalist that stated how much each fraction of an inch meant in relation to the speed of a car. I'll try to find the link and copy it. It was interesting reading.

Irregardless if this is truely the case and you gain that much in mph by shortening the wheelbase, there should be zero tolerance for breaking this rule.

Found the link http://www.stlracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98882&highlight=wheel+base
I was wrong. It doesn't have specifics on the correlation, but is still an interesting article.
king

Actually, he isn’t the only one found illegal this year. They found something else illegal on another car just last week .

check that one off the list huh lol.. usually these cars are toed out a 1/4 or 1/2 inch.. not really enough for an inch of wheel base..this kinda stuff has been over looked all year at mostly all tracks.. come on allied stick to ur rules.. if it were us there'd be no question about it..

come on rydog not every track has it in for us . this is about a rule at Belleville or a allied rule lets don't pick a Battle were it is not needed
I'm sure the they have there own way of handling it we don't need to get involved in this 1

how ever i think tracks need to stick to what they have wrote up and not deviate off of it with that said
everybody have a good week and a better weekend

I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS IN MPH. OTHER THAN THE BETTER SHE HANDLES THE FASTER SHE GOES! :D BUT IT DOESN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW WHAT HAVING LEAD IN THE REAR WILL DO FOR GETTING THROUGH THE DRY SLICK OR BLACK TRACKS. THATS EXACTLY WHEN THE 62 SHINES BRIGHTEST. JMO.....

I AGREE 100% THAT THE 62 ISN'T THE ONLY ONE DOING THIS. YOU CAN TELL BY LOOKING AT SOME THEY ARE CHEATED UP, THATS AT BOTH ALLIED TRACKS.

NOTHING PERSONAL AGAINST TROY, BUT RULES ARE RULES, AND THEY SHOULD BE FOLLOWED. THATS WHY I THINK IT WAS VERY BAD JUDGEMENT ON HIS PART TO HAVE ANYTHING QUESTIONABLE, WHEN YOU HAVE AS MUCH TO LOSE AS HE DOES RIGHT NOW. HE'S IN THE MIDDLE OF A TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE, AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE. THE NATIONAL DEAL WOULD HAVE OR WILL BE DOWN TO A MERE FEW POINTS WITH THAT WIN.

AS FOR ALLIED, IS IT A RULE BOOK OR A SUGGESTION BOOK? I THINK INFRACTIONS SHOULD BE IN DIFFERENT CLASSIFICATIONS. NON PERFORMANCE VIOLATIONS SHOULD BE LOSS OF POINTS AND MONEY FOR THE NIGHT. PERFORMANCE GAINING VIOLATIONS SHOULD BE LOSS OF SEASON POINTS. NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT! ALSO IF UMP WANTS TO HAVE THIS DEAL BY RUNNING TRACK RULES. THEN IF FOUND ILLEGAL AT THE TRACK UMP POINTS SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO LOSS.

THE WHEEL BASE SHOULD BE CHECKED FROM THE BALL JOINT TO THE REAR END. CASTER CAMBER OR TOE WON'T EFFECT IT THEN.

I HAVE NO FAITH IN THE CURRNT ALLIED TECH. BRING BACK RALPH JOSEPH. THE CURRENT GUYS STAND BY THE SCALES AND ARE OBLIVIOUS TO THE SMELL OF A SPORTSMAN RUNNING DOPED UP FUEL...... :confused::rolleyes::D

very well said pitdrifter.... and bob.. not starting nething.. i said us. as in us being all of the outsiders not running there all the time.. geez bob.. not everythings about u..and ur right about the ump points to.. they should also be taken away.. this is a ump rule at a ump event and it was violated.. even if allied is confused ump should stand their ground..

I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS IN MPH. OTHER THAN THE BETTER SHE HANDLES THE FASTER SHE GOES! :D BUT IT DOESN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW WHAT HAVING LEAD IN THE REAR WILL DO FOR GETTING THROUGH THE DRY SLICK OR BLACK TRACKS. THATS EXACTLY WHEN THE 62 SHINES BRIGHTEST. JMO.....

I AGREE 100% THAT THE 62 ISN'T THE ONLY ONE DOING THIS. YOU CAN TELL BY LOOKING AT SOME THEY ARE CHEATED UP, THATS AT BOTH ALLIED TRACKS.

NOTHING PERSONAL AGAINST TROY, BUT RULES ARE RULES, AND THEY SHOULD BE FOLLOWED. THATS WHY I THINK IT WAS VERY BAD JUDGEMENT ON HIS PART TO HAVE ANYTHING QUESTIONABLE, WHEN YOU HAVE AS MUCH TO LOSE AS HE DOES RIGHT NOW. HE'S IN THE MIDDLE OF A TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE, AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE. THE NATIONAL DEAL WOULD HAVE OR WILL BE DOWN TO A MERE FEW POINTS WITH THAT WIN.

AS FOR ALLIED, IS IT A RULE BOOK OR A SUGGESTION BOOK? I THINK INFRACTIONS SHOULD BE IN DIFFERENT CLASSIFICATIONS. NON PERFORMANCE VIOLATIONS SHOULD BE LOSS OF POINTS AND MONEY FOR THE NIGHT. PERFORMANCE GAINING VIOLATIONS SHOULD BE LOSS OF SEASON POINTS. NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT! ALSO IF UMP WANTS TO HAVE THIS DEAL BY RUNNING TRACK RULES. THEN IF FOUND ILLEGAL AT THE TRACK UMP POINTS SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO LOSS.

THE WHEEL BASE SHOULD BE CHECKED FROM THE BALL JOINT TO THE REAR END. CASTER CAMBER OR TOE WON'T EFFECT IT THEN.

I HAVE NO FAITH IN THE CURRNT ALLIED TECH. BRING BACK RALPH JOSEPH. THE CURRENT GUYS STAND BY THE SCALES AND ARE OBLIVIOUS TO THE SMELL OF A SPORTSMAN RUNNING DOPED UP FUEL...... :confused::rolleyes::D
Good point. Measure from ball joint to rear. I was just stating i was surprised when i found from a week to week setting my old car would move 1/4 of an inch at times and i not even know it happened. Rule is rule and driver's just need to double check their cars from time to time

Back