Federated Auto Parts @ I-55 Mod, B-Mod, Sportsman tire rule update at I-55

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Effective June 1st, 2015, the new Hoosier A40S tire will NO LONGER be legal to run at I-55.

You will only be allowed the older type A40 and H40 tires (including the new size 26.5 H40)

A month isn't a long enough burn off period alot guys used all there sponser money to buy tires they should at least allow them to be run on the front for the remainder of the year

You don't even race at these tracks LOL but I do agree lil more burn time or let b mods and sportsman finish the year on them so we can still sell our used ones

You don't even race at these tracks LOL but I do agree lil more burn time or let b mods and sportsman finish the year on them so we can still sell our used ones

But b-mods and sportsman are supposed to be the economy classes. You don't give them the inferior tires that you've used up already. That only have one night left on them, so they can keep replacing them every weekend..

Last edited:
My question...if the problem with the A40s tires was not enough cure time, then how are the new A40 and 26.5H tires gonna last? Or am I just a dipshit for asking before I go buy these too?

I doubt that was the problem at all..... that was just the argument they made ..... I think it was all in the compound

My question...if the problem with the A40s tires was not enough cure time, then how are the new A40 and 26.5H tires gonna last? Or am I just a dipshit for asking before I go buy these too?
With the BS answers they were giving us, this is a very good question.

When can we buy the A's? I am down to only AS and H's. Also, it looks like this weekend will be a wash so are we going to get an extension?

We are going to go this direction at Quincy as well. Before we set a burn-off period, we are going to talk to our regulars and see if any of them are sitting on a large number of un-returnable A40S's.

They said the would buy back any unaltered tires. Now if they actually do what they say, That's the question.... Heard the old style A 27.5 could be available In week. 26.5 will be 2 weeks.

Back