Modified National Point Chase

big swigg

It's coming down to the last couple weekends just like everyone said it would.. Big weekend for Harrison at tri city.. My calculations show Harrison 3 points back of gilpin. I believe Harrison received 80 points for Friday night & 75 for Saturday night.. For a total of a 15 point jump.. Everyone else in the top 4 went pointless.. It makes it so much fun for everyone involved to have all the drivers at 1 place and that's the way it should be at this stage.. We will have that once again in a couple weeks at eldora for 3 nights of racing.. Sounds like poel might be done because he found metal shavings in his oil filter last night after his qualifying round.. Poel said that was his last motor... Lomax finished 2nd Friday at Kankakee and was rained out last night.. Gilpin went back to brownstown and pulled in during the feature... Now the question is where will these guys go to find bonus points for this weekend? Fun, fun times..

Tri City Friday, Sept 26th...Should get bonus points

Championship Night - Anybody can run (We do not line up by points)
Regular Race Program

Classes Running
UMP Late Models
UMP Mods
UMP Crate L/M (double features) First Feature will be for Tri City's Championship
All cars eligible to run both features!
UMP Street Stocks
UMP B-Mods
UMP Sportsman

Kids Box Car Races

General Admission $12
Pit Pass $30

Hot Laps 6:30
Racing at 7:15

Last edited:
Because you have to have more than 25 cars for bonus points and I'm guessing he's thinking there's going to be more than 25 mods..

Only if they had style points in this sport. Mike would of wrapped the championship this past weekend with the driving he did. He had three damn good runs at mod mania and drove his tail off all year

I'd like to see these guys chase Rodney Sanders around for a while! Wow what a year this kid has had!

We went to the bigger mod show Peoria had Memorial Day weekend to watch with Sanders, Wallace, Harrison, etc... there. Sanders was nothing special with Wallace right on his heels and the 24H getting ready to drive by them both until he was taken out.

I seen sanders run at Danville against the ump guys.. He ran about 6th behind gilpin, mevert, kinder, lomax & Allen.. Not saying he's not special but he wasn't mind boggling the night I seen him..

Back