My Two Cent$ by Mike Ruefer - The Legendary World 100 – T-Shirt - STLRacing.com...

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
My Two Cent$ by Mike Ruefer - The Legendary World 100 – T-Shirt - STLRacing.com - http://goo.gl/CcFNT0

My Two Cent$ by Mike Ruefer - The Legendary World 100 – T-Shirt
STLRacing.com
It’s that time of year again. Even after all these years of chasing races the one trip and race that I can hardly hold still for is the one and only, “The Grand Daddy of them All,” the WORLD 100. Most other events throughout the summer are just another race. Don’t get me wrong their fun and exciting, I’m always glad I went but they’re not Eldora. Most importantly, they’re not the World 100.I’ll never forget getting the Hawkeye Racing News and reading the stories about Eldora in the 1970’s. Ohio seemed like another country away for me, considering I had not even crossed the Mississippi River into Illinois except to go to East Moline Speedway. The stories and results from those day time drama’s held on Sunday captivated me. Winners from the early years like Bruce Gould (1971), Floyd Gilbert (1973), Charlie Hughes (1976), Doug Kenimer (1977), Charlie Swartz (1980), and Mike Duvall (1 ...

Continue reading...

Back