NeSmith Chevrolet DLMS Driver Matthew Turner To Teach Racing At Bartow County Schools

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
CARTERSVILLE, GA – NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series 2012 Championship contender Matthew Turner of Dawsonville, GA will teach racing at the Bartow County Schools Pre-K Building on Friday in Cartersville as a part of their Transportation Day. Turner will also bring his #10 Hedman Husler Hedders Special dirt late model race car to display.

Turner will have an opportunity to talk to Pre-Kindergarten children about auto racing with an emphasis on how hard work and perfect attendance can lead to success. Turner knows about perfect attendance, as he is the only driver that has competed in each of the 127 NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series events held since the Cartersville-based series inception on 2005.

This perfect attendance has earned Turner the “Ironman Award” from the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series, and Turner will be the only driver to receive this award. Turner will be bringing his special one-of-a-kind Ironman Trophy to the Bartow County Schools event that begins at 10 a.m. Turner’s Ironman Trophy is also on display at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame and Thunder Road Museum in Dawsonville, GA.

“When it comes to transportation and vehicles, nothing gets a child’s attention like a race car, so we’re happy that Matthew Turner has given these kids some of his valuable time to show these kids his race car and talk to them about it,” Bartow County Schools Transition Coach Susan Ammons Morris said. “We really emphasize perfect attendance to the children in the Pre-K program at Bartow County Schools and Matthew’s example can really show these children that rewards come with perfect attendance, whether it is in school or in racing.”

Turner also knows how hard work leads to success, as he has two NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series career wins, six top ten point finishes, and four top five point finishes that include a second and two thirds. Turner is also third all-time in series career earnings at $72,785.

“I’m happy to have the opportunity to do this for the kids at Bartow County Schools because my parents taught me at their age that hard work will help make you successful,” Turner said. “Hard work and perfect attendance has played an important role in making me successful in sports as a teenager and now in my racing career. If I can make a lasting impression on these kids to help make them become successful in the future, it all well worth it.”

In the first three events of the 2012 NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series season held earlier this month at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa, FL, Turner had one top five finish and top ten finishes in all three races. Turner leads the series regulars in the point standings.

For more information about the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series visit the series web site at www.nesmithracing.com, or visit the series on Facebook at NeSmith Racing. Becoming a fan of the NeSmith Racing Facebook page will make you eligible for special prizes that will be given away each month. You can follow us on Twitter @NeSmithRacing.

NeSmith Chevrolet, Buick, GMC of Claxton, GA is the Title Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. NeSmith Chevrolet, Buick, GMC is the nation’s number one GM Powertrain Dealer four years running, with free delivery anywhere in the Southeast. Chevrolet Performance Parts is an Official Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. Hoosier Racing Tire is the Official Tire Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. VP Racing Fuel is the Official Racing Fuel of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. Hedman Hedders is the Official Hedder of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series and the Hedman Husler Award sponsor. RockAuto.com is an Official Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Contingency Sponsors for 2012 are Dominator Race Products, Race Car Engineering, KRC, QA 1 Precision Products, Modern Images, Mike Custom Tanks, Shorty’s Shock Service, Schoenfeld Headers, Integra Racing Shocks, J.T. Kerr Racing Equipment, Kinser Air Filters, Trak-Star Race Cars, Warrior Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, GRT Race Cars, TNT Race Cars, and Stinger Race Cars.

Back