New Dirt Track in the St. Louis Area???

jmcgrew47

Checkers or Wreckers Race Media posted the following on Facebook

"THE ST. LOUIS AREA HAS A NEW DIRT TRACK COMING SOON!!!"

He goes on to say in a comment that ground has been broken and he's seen it for himself.

Jimmy D, you're in the know more than anybody. Is this legit?

I've heard from a reputable source that the new owner of Gateway is building a track on the other side of the interstate along Old Collinsville Rd. Supposedly Catepillar conctacted him to do a demo out there with some new equipment and in exchange they are going to leave a race track when they are done. No idea on size yet. I also heard that the drag strip is getting new stands and the old drag stands are being moved over there. I know there was talks of maybe having some Baja type truck races there as well as some special oval shows. Weekly is up in the air yet due to the fact that he doesn't know how many cars he would get on which night with other good tracks being so close. I do know he has been to several local tracks to see what others are doing well and what people think they could do better to make this be as successful as possible

I really haven't heard much, but I do know they were building a new nationally-sanctioned Karting track scheduled for a summer 2013 opening at Gateway.

if you build it they will come. have the races on sunday nights and call it st charles speedway. i miss those 3 nights of racing.

if you build it they will come. have the races on sunday nights and call it st charles speedway. i miss those 3 nights of racing.
That is a good theory.. lol.. How many tracks around here now are just GETTING BY???

i wonder what would happen if tri-city r belle-Clair would move to Sunday nights. we need 3 tracks again so everyone can feed off each other.

This from the GMP website:
We have begun working on an area for an off-road truck racing track that will serve dual purpose for truck pulls and other dirt related events. We are currently working on a nationally sanctioned kart racing facility with adjoining club house and garages

I was told awhile back that the Karting track was going to be built in the infield of the oval. Things may change but that is what I was told by Mr. Francois

Hopefully thats not the "big" announcement. To me yes it has dirt but thats an off road track, not a dirt track. Would love to see a sunday night dirt oval between Pacific and Rolla on 44.

I would love to see a track in the StL area that could rival Eldora and sustain a $50k (or more) to win dirt race, but there's just no way it's feasible with all of the local tracks. Face it, we're spoiled...and that's a good thing.

I do believe an offroad track for TRAXXAS TORC type trucks or Lucas Oil Off Road trucks could be a success if they held big event 3-4 times a year.. Then use it for motorcross and stuff as well...

And maybe a monster truck event or two since this is the home and bith place of the sport! All though corporations have ruined the sport on a national/tv level for the true fan.

Back