O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions ready to take on the Ironman 55 at I-55 Raceway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Camargo, IL (8-5-09) – By Kelly Brown –Public Relations Director – Normally when the O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions make their way out for the feature event, they have 30 laps of thrilling racing action. Friday night August 7th they will be battling for 30 laps, but when they return to I-55 Raceway for a second night of racing action the rules will change.

On Saturday night August 8th the drivers of the All Star Series will be ready for a grueling 55 lap showdown known as the Ironman 55 at I-55 Raceway. In its inaugural running the Ironman 55 will present a new challenge to drivers and teams alike as they see who can go the distance around the 1/3-mile bullring for a $20,000 payday at the end of the night.

The last time the All Star Circuit of Champions raced at I-55 Raceway was in 1989 for a special event that featured twin 25-lap features. The winner of both feature events was Sammy Swindell. Since then the 1/3-mile bullring has been absent from the All Star Schedule, but the series will be making a long awaited return to the venue for their third race in series history.

Current Circuit of Champions point leader Tim Shaffer has fourteen starts I-55 Raceway, but out of all those events he only has two top-5 finishes. The last time he raced there in 2008 he got one of those finishes when he came home in the fourth position. Second place point runner Greg Wilson has four A-main starts at the famed 1/3-mile with two being top-five finishes. In his last start at Pevely in 2006 Wilson drove the Warnimot w20 to a third place finish.

Of the All Star Circuit of Champions 2009 Rookie-of-the-Year Contenders only one driver will be a true “rookie” at I-55 raceway this weekend. David Gravel is the only title contender who does not have a previous start on the high banks. Point leader Ryan Bunton has one A-main start at the 1/3-mile oval. Daron Clayton has two previous starts with one being a top-ten finish. The “rookie” that has been most successful at the Pevely track is Brandon Wimmer. He has six starts there with a win there in 2006.

For the most up to date information on the All Star Circuit of Champions bookmark www.allstarsprint.com on your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

O’Reilly Midwest All Star Series ready to take on the Ironman 55 at I-55 Raceway

Camargo, IL (8-5-09) – By Kelly Brown –Public Relations Director – In the world of sprint car racing an A-main event that features more than 40 laps is almost unheard of, but this weekend this is a challenge that will be staring the O’Reilly
Midwest All Star Series directly in the face. As the series takes on some of the best in sprint car racing at I-55 Raceway this weekend, Friday night August 7th will be a typical 30 lap feature. It is when the series returns Saturday night that the tables will be turned.

On Saturday night August 8th the drivers of the Midwest Series will be ready for a grueling 55 lap showdown known as the Ironman 55 at I-55 Raceway. In its inaugural running the Ironman 55 will present a new challenge to drivers and teams alike as they see who can go the distance around the 1/3-mile bullring for a $20,000 payday at the end of the night.
This will be the second time that the Midwest All Stars have run at I-55 Raceway. The last time the Midwest Series visited the high banked track Jerrod Hull claimed the victory from the pole position after battling Joey Montgomery and Joey Moughan for the win.

Currently Jerrod Hull holds a slim lead over Bill Rose in the point standings. Hull has a great record on the 1/3-mile bullring with two wins and he has finished in the top-ten in 12 of his 24 starts. Rose on the other hand has only one A-main start on the Pevely, Missouri track. Third place in the points AJ Bruns has six starts on the I-55 high banks. His best finish came in 2007 when he finished fourth. Alex Shanks who currently sits fourth in points has three starts at I-55 with his best finish being sixth.

For some of the Midwest All Stars this will be their first time trying to tame the high banks at I-55 Raceway. This weekend Kody Kinser and Miranda Throckmorton will be facing the track the first time. While drivers like Brad Greer and Rookie-of-the-Year point leader Jim Davies each have a single start to their credit. Which of the Midwest All Stars will be still standing at the end of the 55 lap marathon?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket Information

On Friday, August 7th admission tickets will be $27, with reserved tickets $29. The pit gates will open at 4 p.m. and the grandstand gates also opening at 4 p.m. with hot laps set for 6 p.m. Central. Two-day tickets are available if purchased before Thursday, August 6 for $50 and includes a pit pass for Saturday. Saturday, August 8th general admission tickets will be $35 with reserved tickets $37.

The pit gates will open at 2 p.m., with the grandstand gates also opening at 2 p.m. and hot laps set for 6 p.m. Central For more information or to reserve your tickets call I-55 Speedway at 636-479-3219 or visit www.i55raceway.com.

For the most up to date information on the Midwest All Star Series bookmark www.midwestallstarseries.com on your computer.

Back