Old School Racing's Tankersley Produces First Win of Season With Last-Lap Pass

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - GLENMORA, La. (April 23, 2019) - Channin Tankersley capitalized on a last-lap pass to garner his first feature victory of the season last Saturday at Thunder Valley Speedway.

The Old School Racing driver ran second for nearly the entire feature before making the move in traffic in turns one and two. He then held on in turns three and four to score his first trip to Victory Lane this season and 26th career with the ASCS Gulf South Region.

362d0bc3-c88e-4d22-ac0a-399758f32cb9.jpg
"That track was awesome," Tankersley said. "They had five classes. We started hot laps at 6:30 p.m. and we were loading up by 10:30 p.m. The surface of the track was awesome. You had a top and a bottom and kind of a middle, about all you could ever ask for."

Tankersley opened the night by winning a heat race after starting on the outside of the front row. That locked him into the feature redraw and he pulled the No. 1 to snag the pole position for the main event.

"We went into the first corner side by side and he got me into turn three and led about the whole thing," he said. "We were pretty equal speed. I'd gain on him a little and then he'd pull me a little. I showed him my nose a couple of times, but I didn't have enough to get by him. We got into traffic and it kind of screwed both of us up, but I was able to guess right and get around him on the last lap.

"We went into turn one and there were like four lapped cars side by side and front to back. He went one way and I went the other and luckily a hole opened up for me. I went right through the middle in turns one and two."

Tankersley's race win extended his lead in the ASCS Gulf South Region championship standings.

Old School Racing returns to action this Friday and Saturday at Jackson Motor Speedway in Byram, Miss. The event is co-sanctioned with the ASCS Mid-South Region.

"I've been in contention to win there three or four times," Tankersley said. "One real shot I had I passed for the lead on the last lap and then someone spun in turn three so they threw a yellow. It put me back to second and we finished there."

QUICK RESULTS -

April 20 - Thunder Valley Speedway in Glenmora, La. - Heat race: 1 (2); Feature: 1 (1).

SEASON STATS -

5 races, 1 win, 4 top fives, 5 top 10s, 5 top 15s, 5 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Friday and Saturday at Jackson Motor Speedway in Byram, Miss., with the ASCS Gulf South Region

MEDIA LINKS -

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChanninTankersley

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TankRacing

APPAREL -

Tankersley has t-shirts ranging from youth medium to 4XL for sale at his race trailer.

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Shriners Hospitals for Children

Shriners Hospitals for Children provides specialized care to children with orthopedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate regardless of the families ability to pay. For more information, visit https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc .

"Our car owner Bruce Griffith is a long-time supporter of Shriners Hospitals for Children, which does amazing things for children in need," Tankersley said.

Tankersley would also like to thank Old School Racing, Griffith Truck & Equipment, Intra Services, Challenger Drilling, Blackfoot Electric, Dependable Diesel Truck Service, Houston Truck Parts, Griffith Sheet Metal and Day Motorsports for their continued support.

Back