old tires

millz

So this may seem like an obvious answer question or something that has been discussed in the past. But what does everyone do with all of there old junk tires. I know I have around 20 that are just laying in a pile behind the shop that I'm sick of walking around and looking at. Is there a place I can take them that won't charge me? Or what does everyone else do?

So this may seem like an obvious answer question or something that has been discussed in the past. But what does everyone do with all of there old junk tires. I know I have around 20 that are just laying in a pile behind the shop that I'm sick of walking around and looking at. Is there a place I can take them that won't charge me? Or what does everyone else do?
I put an ad on Craigslist and a couple of guys came and took every one that I had

Now I burn them. But I'm out in a rural area. If i was somewhere else I'd probably pay a hefty fine. I used to pay 50 cents then $1 per to dispose of them. But the service isn't available here any more. Good luck

Now I burn them. But I'm out in a rural area. If i was somewhere else I'd probably pay a hefty fine. I used to pay 50 cents then $1 per to dispose of them. But the service isn't available here any more. Good luck
Don't know if you are aware of this but burning tires is illegal. Up to $1000 fine.

I have a ph no in my truck .. call me bout noon 314 920 3725 the guy will come pick them up for a fair fee

Go talk to a local tire shop and see if they will get rid of the for you as a sponsor deal. That's what I used to do.

Don't know if you are aware of this but burning tires is illegal. Up to $1000 fine.
Thats why i said hefty fine, we are allowed to burn trash here in our county. Doubt if they even would say anything if they checked. Epa would probably crack down harder on enforcement by the county than the actual person doing the burn. If the Epa ever were in the area they would find a good percentage of homes just dump raw sewage in creeks and fields. No leach fields or lagoons even. One thing about a rural un regulated county you can do pretty much what ever you want. No building permits even. Can be scary if you were looking to buy a used house.

I live in a rural area, so I sneak on othe peoples property to burn stuff like that!!!!! Just kidding. Herein Clinton co. They will nail ya! If they see black smoke, someone is checking it out!! Burn after 4 on Friday thru Sunday nite!

Cut the sidewalls off and throw those away. The tread makes a great mat for your workbench or any other area.

My husband cut them in half and used them as mats to stand on at the workbench and his lathe. Also if you have a fence and you can fit them under the fence it stops the weeds from growing.

I know someone who use to set them out in plain site and cover with a tarp. They would disappear overnight. LoL. Guess someone thought they were worth something. If you didn't cover them nobody would touch them.

Guessin Illinois is way different even if you live in a rural county. Guy I work with got caught burning tires and wow did they smack him with a fine! Plus came out later and did soil samples where he was burning them and had to pay to dispose of the soil. I wouldn't publicly be saying I'm burning anything bad in todays world. Too many eyes and ears. And he was also told that he cant cut them up in any way shape or form as the waste company ck's rural county pickups really well to be sure they don't take stuff they are not supposed to. That's in Macoupin County. He ended up taking them to a tire shop and paying their disposal fees

it seems like everyone wants a fee to get rid of them which makes no sense me. because i know that there are power plants out there that burn tires to make power they can have them i dont see why there isnt a place we can just take them that somehow gets them sent there. i guess thats just the greedy corporate america. but i did notice that there is a huge bin full of old tires at tricity does anyone know what thats about and can we put tires in there?

It don't matter what kind of tire you get there is always a disposle fee. The amount of tires used versus the ways to dispose of them is huge. So if you can get it as a sponsorship deal it is good for both parties. I know of two shops that got caught burning them in Illinois and payed a heavy fine. So that is not a good idea.

Back