outlaw lites at bedrock

rj24

interesting class.. wonder what the rules are ?

This is copied from the Bedrock Facebook page:
"I'm calling it the outlaw lite (15 y/o and older), any motor that started life as a 6.5 hp or less and any 2 stroke 125cc's or less."

jump on it Kieth. According to that most any open 2 stokes legal,except mine of course.Still not worth $20 for a pitpass

Doug, the class is really new and seems to be working so far. We haven't seen any 2 strokes yet...but I expect that to change in the next few weeks. What size motor do you have?

I preface this with the fact that I don't have a dog in this fight...yet...so its only my opinion. I think this class has a lot of potential and I would like to see it grow.

What about making this a no payback class with lower entry fee? You are trying to build the kart count here and this class is basically a starter class for the Outlaws, a level up from the adult clones, or a grudge match. Starter classes are meant to bring people in and keep them interested. New guys aren't going to necessarily do well straight out of the gate so their entry fee goes to "pay the winners motor bill"...every week. That is discouraging to most. Charge the pit pass fee + $4 entry fee (track's take on a normal 20$ entry fee) and race for bragging rights.

Just a thought. I'm sure there are plenty of arguments on both sides of this coin.

Good idea "Ace".Maybe offer an optional $5 Can Race between the drivers.The first order of business needs to be the engine rules,in stone!And grow from there.JMO Oh,btw,Tues.@ Belle-Vegas,we made 4 runs without melting a piston!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the humanity

Well....we are kicking around a class with some of the ideas you are talking about. Age 50+, WKA stock flathead, 375 weight. No payout. Final race trophy for the winner and top 3 in points.

The oultlaw lite class is going to work, at least I hope.

Final rules are as follows...motors have to begin life as 6.5 hp or less 4 stroke or 100cc 2 stroke and weight 375. Burris 33's only.

Back