Penalty for failing Tech

dukman7

as jimmy tried to ask what should be penalty for failing tech a fine payable to track that catches bad part suspension for week or two or even year depending on severity of action?

DQ'd for that race.
No money paid to them for that race.
No points for that race.
You forfeit all money and points for any race night that you are found illegal.
Then, fix it and come back next week to try again.
Tech something on at least top 5 cars after every race.
In a short time this would stop most of it. And I'd bet you'd have more cars show up to race.

What about the integrity of the sport or for that matter the integrity of the competitors this is a HOBBY we all love and sometimes it's hard to swallow but the guy next to you just might have more talent than you

what does that have to with tech D ick Bergeren was ask the same thing today on nascar xm radio 90 and he said less rules are better but of course you more than him don't integrity yeah right you go to a race and you find out who won days latter thats rich why do you think the stands are empty at a stock car event but full at a openwheel event

1. The open wheel events are touring series. So most people don't get to see them every week. Just like the Lucas late models that draw large crowds.
2. With open wheel there is not as many different suspension parts like a b mod that will change the way a car handles.
3. NASCAR tech's before and after the races also. More then once they have dq someone after the races.
4. If someone is dq after a race that I was at that tells me that the promoter is putting on a honest show.
5. We are putting together a d mod and we are a very low budget team. So the double teching sounds great to me. Keep everyone honest ain't that what they teach in kindergarten.

As far as penalty for cheating start with DQ and no payout for that night. Also have to start rear of fealed the following week for first time. After that go to suspension and fines. Not allowed back to track until fine is payed. With the fine going to points fund.

1. The open wheel events are touring series. So most people don't get to see them every week. Just like the Lucas late models that draw large crowds.
2. With open wheel there is not as many different suspension parts like a b mod that will change the way a car handles.
3. NASCAR tech's before and after the races also. More then once they have dq someone after the races.
4. If someone is dq after a race that I was at that tells me that the promoter is putting on a honest show.
5. We are putting together a d mod and we are a very low budget team. So the double teching sounds great to me. Keep everyone honest ain't that what they teach in kindergarten.

Keeping up on the tech inspection is VERY VERY important in any class that's limited by the rules. The reason quite simple and it really pertains to the guys who are just starting out or who are not super competitive in that it allows them to know that even if they are racing for 15th place they are competing on a reasonably level playing field. If through hard work and experience they mange to improve and become competitive that means so much more than always thinking that they are racing against a bunch of cheaters.

Make the rules simple and easy to tech and police those rules by checking a few things at random each week. Keeping things easy to inspect is one of the reasons why introducing junk like crate engines to these classes is so bad. While it attempts to remove the engine modification facet from the race team it instead introduces something that can't be inspected quickly or easily at the track which opens the door to rampant cheating.

Farmington races every sat and just doesnt have be in the st louis area

What about the integrity of the sport or for that matter the integrity of the competitors this is a HOBBY we all love and sometimes it's hard to swallow but the guy next to you just might have more talent than you
Ever hear of the KISS principal

We had fairly simple rules until ump got involved now we don't know what rules are being enforced were

Back