POWRi at Pevely

Rustin Nelson

Anybody have any idea how many midgets they're going to get this Fri/Sat? Will they pick up a few more on Sat? It doesn't seem like anybody knows what the weather will do Sat night ... Fri looks ok ... trying to decide to come down from the Des Moines area on Fri or Sat - can't do both unfortunately.

Friday is only 30% chance and Saturday has none in the forecast. At least that is what the weather folks say today..

Both nights should be spectacular..

This is going to be a fantastic show... weather looks great. The outlaws there are a sight to behold, throw in the midgets and mods, crazy good. Not many reserved seats left, just got mine

For the original question, could be 30-40 Midgets. This could be a good show with the Midgets added to the Winged Sprint cars. Don't think this setup has been done anywhere else and they will both be fast.

I got my tickets for Sat ... sitting in the middle of sec C, 11 rows up... getting excited! I've prob seen half a dozen WoO shows there, but the last being around '07. Definitely never seen midgets run there, so really excited for that. If they end up with 30-40 midgets and the track has some moisture in it, I will have died and gone to heaven!

For the original question, could be 30-40 Midgets. This could be a good show with the Midgets added to the Winged Sprint cars. Don't think this setup has been done anywhere else and they will both be fast.
I absolutely think this is going to be one of the best racing night of the year, anywhere with great mods, midgets, and the Woo, but I do think it will be a fantastic show with midget car count in low to mid 20's

Running Powri midgets with WOO made it a great show. I think adding A mods is too much for the track. I like A mods but not on this night. More racing and or more cars doesn't always yield better racing.

Mods start at 4:00, they will run and then rework track and start the show, it won't hardly slow the show down, cause i doubt theres enough for semis.

I'll be there mods or no mods. I have a rule to never miss a sprint show at Pevely. I didn't know they were running the A mods early. Doing so makes sence. Increases the back gate and has little effect on the main show. I can certainly set through an extra A main. I retract my earlier comment

Back