POWRi's Battle at the Center in DuQuoin on December 20th

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
powri.jpg

Is it normally pretty crowded? Should I gets there when the gates open to get a decent seat? Never been there before so I don't know what the seating is like.

I've seen it full and I've seen it very mediocre crowd wise. Decent weather usually means a better crowd.

As Humpy would say entertaining only rough think the place needs some fans and the one ones in the stands lol

My CO. Detector has had higher readings in previous years, but still high enough that some type of vent system is needed. Not just opening doors at both end of building. Not bitchin just statin.

It wasn't that bad this year. If you put in exhaust fans you would need to put in a heated make-up air fan also, which would not be cheap.

I've been to every midget race they have had. I'll gladly wear more clothes versus CO. Poisoning. I stated it's been worse in the past!!

During the last intermission they opened lobby doors in turn 3 plus the doors leading outside, that helped a lot. May need to do that from the start to stay ahead of the game. Great crowd!!! Did anyone else think the track looked a little bigger? I thought the turns were narrower before they flatten out by the end walls? I'm talkin 8-10 feet or so on each end. Maybe the higher berms made it look that way? Can't wait for the next show

Back