Reed sticks to low groove to win Big Ten street stocks opener - STLRacing.com -...

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Reed sticks to low groove to win Big Ten street stocks opener - STLRacing.com - http://goo.gl/H2fHzz

Reed sticks to low groove to win Big Ten street stocks opener
STLRacing.com
MACON – One week after missing the setup on his UMP street stock, Gene Reed of Blue Mound stuck his car down low to grab the Midwest Big Ten Series street stock opener at Macon Speedway Saturday night. Reed started fifth among 19 cars in the 20-lap street stock feature, and he kept his car in the low groove. It allowed him to march to the front and take the $500 first-place prize. “I’ll take it however I can get it,’’ said Reed, the defending Macon Speedway street stock champ. “I knew it was going to stack up in the front. They went to the top, and I stuck on the bottom.’’ In the season opener the previous weekend, Reed’s setup was off, and it sent his left front tire to jump in the air coming off the corner. He eventually finished third. “I feel like I gave one away last week,’’ Reed said. The Big Ten Series is a 10-race tour to four tracks. They will race five times over ...

Continue reading...

Back