RIP Earl Baltes

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
It is with great sadness that we find out this morning that Mr. Earl Baltes has passed away. He was probably the greatest dirt track promoter ever.

RIP Earl

A man that will be remembered for a long time for everything he contributed to dirt racing. Prayers to his family and loved ones.

Sorry to hear of this. He did great things for dirt racing and will always be remembered for that and Eldora Speedway.

Truly missed!! Will never forget that smile and hat on crooked! Thoughts and prayers for family he did more for racing than we will ever know!

A true legend you didn't go up to the racers you went to see Earl ,you know why the bill of his hat was always up ?

Back in 1996 we got our picture taken with him at the world. He was an extremely nice man.

I think this is pretty close to a direct quote from Earl:
"IF I could have sold 1 more Hot Dog___"---meaning he could have made the purse payment that night
RIP Earl
God Speed

I was there the night that Earl and Bernice presented Donnie Moran a check for ONE MILLION DOLLARS !!!
what a great night for dirt racing that was.
It was promoted as "The Eldora Million" and only Earl could pull it off!!

i was there for the million--kind of like a excellent adventure--he still prepped the track even after he sold it--got to watch a dirt racer win a million bucks---the best part was the drivers meeting---he got up and made a speech--and this is a quote "I AM SO HAPPY THAT I COULD GO BEHIND THE BARN AND PLEASURE (wording adjusted due to young stlracing users)MY SELF"

Back