Rule Changes??????????????

Jimmy Cummins

CEO, Cummins Lumber Co.
Is it a rule that every year each class must make a rule change to let cars go faster?

I could understand making them safer, but why always faster? Why not let people spend their money to get faster by the rules they already have? Or work on their cars to get them to handle better with what they have? Just a thought.

AFRAID OF GOING FAST?

IF THEY DID THAT WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE TO CRY ABOUT?MAYBE YOU SHOULD STEP YOUR SH<> UP AND STAND ON IT THIS YEAR! AND ANYWAY WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

It's called evolution Jimmy. When I was racin late models they were all chevelles and novas. then camaros came along and then store bought cars. now my first late model would probably be a middkle of the pack sportsman car. it stinks, but thats the way it is and always has been.

some rule changes are being proposed not for speed, but practicality. The sportsmen are racing equpment that has not been produced for better than 10 years.

The well is drying up.

But Jimmy, to answer your question, no they dont HAVE to change the rules every year. Just like you dont HAVE to keep up with the latest and greatest that the rules allow.

Tim

I also agree with you Jimmy.

Like Don said in an earlier post, if you let the racer make the rules all your ever going to get is a mess.

The rules Allied already has in place is not the problem, the problems exist only when the rules are not enforced. such as the clutch issue last year and that will cost everyone big $$ this year if that word STYLE is not removed from the rules.

Anyone who understands the history of our sport knows that this sport is not about bolting on the latest and greatest aftermarket piece available, but it's roots are founded in engineering and finding ways to make something you already have work better. Tinkering out in the barn after dark is how it all got started, not going to the parts store and buying speed.

Very well put racefantoo that is the roots of out great sport but i do have to agree with jimmy the sportsmans are getting WAY out of hand lately for the price you spend on a competitive sportman you can have a decent mod or late model and be bringing back a hell of a lot more payback than you would with the sportsman

Back