rules

coloradojoe

coloradojoe
I don't know when the web site will be up and running, so there goes, strret stock rules same as pbs, imca will be under imca with ump having to run imca tires and add 50# in front of engine plate. Tires can be either american racer, or hoosier. 55 hardness. Now comes the famous cruisers, engine rule, stock crank, stock rods, can use x or o rods, after market rod bolts opt., can balance engine. pistons max. .60 four eye lash. must be press fit. heads, no hi-performance heads, no double hump, vortex, must be straight plug. 1.94in., 1.50ex., may use after market valves, stock valve springs, single spring with dampner, can run LT1-Z28 valve spring, stock retainers, screw in studs opt., stock rockers. can run solid or hydraulic cam shafts, but just remember VACUMM WILL BE 18# @ 1000 RPM. must have vacumm plug at base of carb or back of manifold, and a hot wire to hook up timing light. 2 or 4 bl. intake, no hi-performance intake will be allowed, this includes bow-tie. can use a factory aluminum intake but it must have the factory GM # stamped on it. 2 or 4 bl. carb but must be factory, q-jet, rodchester, motorcraft., adapter no thicker then 1 in. no carb spacers. dist. can be either a hei or points, no super coils or msd parts allowed must be stock ignition parts. stock water pumps, no aluminum, pulleys can be aluminum, standard transmissions allowed, all clutch parts must be stock, no nodular flywheels. automatics must have working torque converter. all transmissions must have all forward gears and reverse. rear end must be for the make of car you are driving. ford is the only car to have a ford rear end. 3200# after race with driver and co. THE REST OF THE RULES AS FAR AS SAFETY AND DRIVERS EQUIPMENT WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS WEB SITE IS UP AND RUNNING.

whats the big deal about the heads humps are only 64 cc heads the 450 heads are 58cc heads so whats the good in running the hump heads

I'll trade out humps

I have three sets of sbc heads. Two sets of 76cc press studs, 1.72/1.5 valves. Came off running motor. Trade out both sets for one set of complete humps in good shape. My otyher set of heads have been converted to screw in studs and guideplates. email or PM if interested.

standard transmissions

I don't know when the web site will be up and running, so there goes, strret stock rules same as pbs, imca will be under imca with ump having to run imca tires and add 50# in front of engine plate. Tires can be either american racer, or hoosier. 55 hardness. Now comes the famous cruisers, engine rule, stock crank, stock rods, can use x or o rods, after market rod bolts opt., can balance engine. pistons max. .60 four eye lash. must be press fit. heads, no hi-performance heads, no double hump, vortex, must be straight plug. 1.94in., 1.50ex., may use after market valves, stock valve springs, single spring with dampner, can run LT1-Z28 valve spring, stock retainers, screw in studs opt., stock rockers. can run solid or hydraulic cam shafts, but just remember VACUMM WILL BE 18# @ 1000 RPM. must have vacumm plug at base of carb or back of manifold, and a hot wire to hook up timing light. 2 or 4 bl. intake, no hi-performance intake will be allowed, this includes bow-tie. can use a factory aluminum intake but it must have the factory GM # stamped on it. 2 or 4 bl. carb but must be factory, q-jet, rodchester, motorcraft., adapter no thicker then 1 in. no carb spacers. dist. can be either a hei or points, no super coils or msd parts allowed must be stock ignition parts. stock water pumps, no aluminum, pulleys can be aluminum, standard transmissions allowed, all clutch parts must be stock, no nodular flywheels. automatics must have working torque converter. all transmissions must have all forward gears and reverse. rear end must be for the make of car you are driving. ford is the only car to have a ford rear end. 3200# after race with driver and co. THE REST OF THE RULES AS FAR AS SAFETY AND DRIVERS EQUIPMENT WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS WEB SITE IS UP AND RUNNING.
After talking to the track promoter, and some cruiser drivers, we have decided that automatic transmissions only with stock torque converter in the cruiser class, sorry for the change, but was best fot all involved.

standard transmissions

I don't know when the web site will be up and running, so there goes, strret stock rules same as pbs, imca will be under imca with ump having to run imca tires and add 50# in front of engine plate. Tires can be either american racer, or hoosier. 55 hardness. Now comes the famous cruisers, engine rule, stock crank, stock rods, can use x or o rods, after market rod bolts opt., can balance engine. pistons max. .60 four eye lash. must be press fit. heads, no hi-performance heads, no double hump, vortex, must be straight plug. 1.94in., 1.50ex., may use after market valves, stock valve springs, single spring with dampner, can run LT1-Z28 valve spring, stock retainers, screw in studs opt., stock rockers. can run solid or hydraulic cam shafts, but just remember VACUMM WILL BE 18# @ 1000 RPM. must have vacumm plug at base of carb or back of manifold, and a hot wire to hook up timing light. 2 or 4 bl. intake, no hi-performance intake will be allowed, this includes bow-tie. can use a factory aluminum intake but it must have the factory GM # stamped on it. 2 or 4 bl. carb but must be factory, q-jet, rodchester, motorcraft., adapter no thicker then 1 in. no carb spacers. dist. can be either a hei or points, no super coils or msd parts allowed must be stock ignition parts. stock water pumps, no aluminum, pulleys can be aluminum, standard transmissions allowed, all clutch parts must be stock, no nodular flywheels. automatics must have working torque converter. all transmissions must have all forward gears and reverse. rear end must be for the make of car you are driving. ford is the only car to have a ford rear end. 3200# after race with driver and co. THE REST OF THE RULES AS FAR AS SAFETY AND DRIVERS EQUIPMENT WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS WEB SITE IS UP AND RUNNING.(quote) AFTER TALKING TO THE TRACK PROMOTER AND SOME CRUISER DRIVERS< IT BEEN DESIDED THAT ONLY AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS WITH STOCK TORQUE CONVERTER WILL BE ALLOWED. WE DID NOT KNOW THAT PBS RUNS ONLY AUTOMATICS. THANK AND SEE YOU AT THE RACES

im sorry we are prolly running poplar bluff because at first you guys said you were running pb rules so we went head and had our heads done and our motor built then you guys decided not to run pb rules u cant make up your mind im not tryin to be a dick but we were building our car to your spects now we have it built you change on us we are just gonna have to run where our car is legal thats all i have to say

p.s sorry about this

im sorry we are prolly running poplar bluff because at first you guys said you were running pb rules so we went head and had our heads done and our motor built then you guys decided not to run pb rules u cant make up your mind im not tryin to be a dick but we were building our car to your spects now we have it built you change on us we are just gonna have to run where our car is legal thats all i have to say

p.s sorry about this
I said that we were going to have our own rules for Benton, sorry to hear this, but your choice

p.s sorry about this
I check all of my posts and none say anything about running pbs rules, it say's we will have rules for just benton

Built that thing pretty fast

Just thinkin' out loud on timing of the rules rollout to the change to the backlash.

Like they said... they are trying to get it together pretty fast. Changes are going to happen as they learn the differences in what they think to things brought up by those that watch the site and the other promoters.

Keep on keepin' on

Thanks

Just thinkin' out loud on timing of the rules rollout to the change to the backlash.

Like they said... they are trying to get it together pretty fast. Changes are going to happen as they learn the differences in what they think to things brought up by those that watch the site and the other promoters.

Keep on keepin' on[/quoteI'm glad to hear someone who knows what I'm going thruogh. I can't please every one. But I would like to make the cruiser class affordable for everyone, not just the ones with money. This class is going to be affordable. Buy a motor that runs, put your legal stuff on it, and go out and race and have fun. I just hope people understand the pressure we go through to get this track up and running.

Keep on keepin' on[/quoteI'm glad to hear someone who knows what I'm going thruogh. I can't please every one. But I would like to make the cruiser class affordable for everyone, not just the ones with money. This class is going to be affordable. Buy a motor that runs, put your legal stuff on it, and go out and race and have fun. I just hope people understand the pressure we go through to get this track up and running.
I did say we were going to run the automatic transmissions like pbs, but that was because someone brought up the subject that that's what they run. Still keeps class equal, and I have a power glide, and a turbo 350

we talked to you on the phone and you said you was going to run bluff rules and you was talking to shon to get the rules is that what you said thats what i heard on my end of the phone

street stock or cruiser

we talked to you on the phone and you said you was going to run bluff rules and you was talking to shon to get the rules is that what you said thats what i heard on my end of the phone
The street stock and imca, ump, rules will be just like pbs, now on the cruiser rules, I talked to the promoter before anything was posted on the cruiser rules. These are the rules and we will stick by them. If I misslead you on the rules, I don't no when. We tried to call Shon, no answer, no return call, rules for PBS are locked out, so we made a set of rules for the Benton track. This is all I'm saying. The rules stay the same as posted. This is for the cruiser class.I hope this will clear up this matter. We don't want things to get out of hand on the site, please work with us if you can

The street stock and imca, ump, rules will be just like pbs, now on the cruiser rules, I talked to the promoter before anything was posted on the cruiser rules. These are the rules and we will stick by them. If I misslead you on the rules, I don't no when. We tried to call Shon, no answer, no return call, rules for PBS are locked out, so we made a set of rules for the Benton track. This is all I'm saying. The rules stay the same as posted. This is for the cruiser class.I hope this will clear up this matter. We don't want things to get out of hand on the site, please work with us if you can

ok you need to get the track out there so every one that raced cruiser there before can have some time to get ready

Back