So if your illegal during tech, just threaten to sue the track..

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
From Legit Speedway
Un-Official Result from Saturday Nights Reliable Chevrolet B-Mod $7,500 to win event.

Results and payout on the top 10 positions was held Saturday after 2 cars in the top 10 were found to have parts in question to the rules. Those parts were believe to have been altered for performance enhancement in an area which the rules state can not be done. All cars were measured equally by multiple tech officials and 2 cars were found to be significantly different from the other 8 cars. Those cars were asked to remove those parts for further investigation. Those parts were measured off the cars and believed to be altered. After attempts to reach the USRA Officials to confirm the findings on Saturday night were unsuccessful, it was decided to confiscate and hold the parts for review by USRA officials on Monday. Pictures of those parts where sent on Monday to officials who confirmed those parts were believed to be altered according to those rules. The alteration was the relocation of the ball joint from its original location in the control arm to a new position. As a result of this review and the threat of legal action against the speedway the 8 cars not in question will be paid the position they finished on the track until a complete review of the parts are complete by the officials at USRA and the party making those threats is satisfied in or out of court. Those parts have been sent to USRA Headquarters in Iowa for further review. Official results and payout pending final outcome of this investigation. Tech at Legit Speedway is not something we take lightly, it is something that should be taken seriously by everyone as it controls the integrity of the sport.

It kinda puts a black eye on all the tracks these guys have run at either tech the cars or we will have a free for all

It kinda puts a black eye on all the tracks these guys have run at either tech the cars or we will have a free for all
I agree! Just shows what is being done and can be done if you dont tech like you should. As jimmy cummins said personally most cars around here wouldnt have passed their tech. Im assuming many due to their body heights and lengths. Either way kuddos to them and also glad they are sticking to their guns.

The track should call them on it and take it as far as it needs to go, then when proven they are in the right get a judgement against the car/driver for the amount of the legal proceedings and related costs.
I agree also! Hey one thing alot of people donot understand is the officials have the last say. And that is also held up in courts as well. Dont like what a track does to you move along cowboy. Their track their rules.

Tech before check tags before no tag no race no replacement

Last edited:
We want to tech then race are u a complete moron that's why we write rules not to just hand them out for you to say whatever and do what u want in case u haven't seen this in years past or another crate class he who spends the most wins

I want both. Always has been tech to race. Been thag way since way back when. Back in the day it was more severe. Claiming motors was the biggy. You dont see any of that today and its why guys do what they do. Do you know how much of an advantage relocating the ball joint does to a car entering and exiting the corners? Go ask the street stock guys who use camaro ball joints and such. It all adds up

Last edited:
sob (senile old basturd) opion------- why not TEC ALL THE CARS BEFORE THE RACE???

Because they will go back and change them before they race. With that being said, I think a pre-race tech (early afternoon) is fine to point out any changes that need to be made. Then a post-tech inspection of the top 5 or so cars (more for a big event) should be done.

No you check be fore they hit the track, if they don't have the tags or markings before the race they are DQ ED I know its kinda funny but some of us would like to know the winner is before we leave the track

Sorry, but you have to tech after the races as well... I've seen several cars at bigger races roll thru pre-race tech where they have sucked the backend of the car down to get it thru deck height and other requirements. Also, it is pretty easy for them to change a control arm and such after pre-race tech.. You have to do tech after the race.

Back