Tri-City Speedway Special Thanks to the Fans & Drivers

Revin

Thank you to all the Fans and Drivers who came out last night for the "Showdown" in the cold weather.
It was windy and pretty darn cold, but we had a great crowd and incredible car count. 39 Late Models...35 Mods and 57 B-Mods. St. Louis Race Fans are the Best!

This is a great 2 day event for us and I-55 to keep growing each year.

Tonight head on out to I-55 for night #2 of the "Showdown".

Next week catch our 3 day Modified Mania
Thursday....UMP Mods $3,000 & UMP Late Models $2,000
Friday.........UMP Mods $4,000 & UMP Late Models $2,000
Saturday.....UMP Mods $5,000 & UMP Late Models $2,000

Kevin & Tammy Gundaker
Tri City Speedway

Thank you to all the Fans and Drivers who came out last night for the "Showdown" in the cold weather.
It was windy and pretty darn cold, but we had a great crowd and incredible car count. 39 Late Models...35 Mods and 57 B-Mods. St. Louis Race Fans are the Best!

This is a great 2 day event for us and I-55 to keep growing each year.

Tonight head on out to I-55 for night #2 of the "Showdown".

Next week catch our 3 day Modified Mania
Thursday....UMP Mods $3,000 & UMP Late Models $2,000
Friday.........UMP Mods $4,000 & UMP Late Models $2,000
Saturday.....UMP Mods $5,000 & UMP Late Models $2,000

Kevin & Tammy Gundaker
Tri City Speedway
Yea, $20 for transponder,$20 for the ear whatever you call them,$25 to join ump for one night (just to race).Ruined 3 tires running on whatever kind of dirt at this track.Had fifty seven B-Mod's, made the feature and received a $50 dollar check at the end of the night.What a slap in the face ! First and last time for us running at this track ! Shame on you !

Did any of the other 130 cars have tire issues? The UMP thing is not the tracks doing! Never heard of tri city being hard on tires!! Maybe it's good you were slow. It may have cost you more tires. May have been the set up?

Tricity doesn't charge for transponders either. You must of needed to buy a pouch for one.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

We were told at sign in that you had to rent the transponder and you would get your money back at the end of the night and no we already had a pouch.Went to collect money back and the lady said they don't refund the money for the transponder. Hum ! As far as the comment about being slow,I would say that if a person made the feature with a field of 50 plus cars you weren't that slow. As far as the comment about tires yes I'm curious if other cars tires were chewed up.Our setup was just fine to.Kevin runs a good show at Tri-City,just saying I was disappointed at the payout for as many b mod cars that he had that night.

I think you have to pay to rent a raceceiver but definitely not a transponder. Ran there 3 times this year and never paid to rent a transponder.. As far as tires go, ours weren't looking too hot following Fridays show, but it's part of it. They obviously got a lot of rain and wanted to get the show in while maintaining a smooth track but underestimated the amount of moisture that was actually in the track. It locked down early and made for a less than desirable night of racing but at least we got to race. Expected a little more than $50 for making the show with almost 60 cars, but payout wasn't dictated by car count so again that's just part of it. Thanks Kevin and Tammy for having us. We'll be back.

We have never charged to rent transponders. If you don't have a raceciever than you do have to rent one. UMP does mandate that all drivers must have a license to compete.

As far as the track we had over 4" of rain during the week and we're unable to even get on the track till
after noon on Friday. It was a lot dryer than we wanted but it was smooth. We did rework the track
trying to make it better, but to redo the whole track would have taken a lot longer than it did. Then everyone would have been upset about that as well.

The payout was posted before our race, we had no idea that we would have that many B-Mods
in attendance.

I hope this clears this up.

We do Thank You for your support.
Kevin & Tammy

Just wanted to give a big thanks to tri city for allowing us b mods to run on your track I personally had a good time didn't finish as well as I would have liked but that racing. So thanks alot

I was at pay off and pill draw ... we have NEVER charged for a transponder ... as it was stated ... raceceiver (yes - $20)

i was one the very cold fans out there & you could tell after the initial races that track was not at it's best & that additional track prep would be needed. thx to kevin for being flexible in changing the schedule of events to put the main show on as soon as possible. will be back for mod mania this week for sure.

Back