St Louis Area Drivers Gearing-Up For Nascar Asphalt Season At Lebanon I-44 Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lebanon, Mo.-Several St. Louis area drivers are gearing-up for the 2014 Nascar Whelen Season at the "High-Banks" of the Lebanon I-44 speedway as the Asphalt 3/8ths mile oval opens the gates on Saturday April 26th with a 6:30 starting time.
With this being the 2nd season back under the Nascar sanction, the interest is getting higher as several St Louis area drivers are ready to contend not only for wins, but also the chance at a track championship and the possibility to get on stage at the Nascar Awards Banquet.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Pro Late Models

Tucker Cory-Quincy, ILL.-2013 saw the young charger in the wrong place at the wrong time. For 2014 a New Chassis has this young man ready to go after a Championship with the Triple R Machine Shop Power. A new car and a slick new paint scheme should turn around the number 9 for this 18 year old as he competes in his 3rd season on the Asphalt.

Kyle Donahue-Wildwood,Mo.- The 14 year old young-gun will be competing in his first season at the "High-Banks" and brings some strong equipment with him. A graduate and front runner in Legends on Asphalt, this will be his first season in a Pro Late Model and practice has him right with his brother on the speed charts with the number 2(even though 14 was the car at practice).

Kevin Donahue-Wildwood, Mo.- Another graduate from the Legends Cars, Kevin ran a few Pro Late model Specials last season in Georgia and Florida. When finding out about the Nascar Whelen Sanction at I-44, the family wasted no time in heading to the track for the first practice,where Kevin was one of the fastest Late Models in the sessions. this 17 year old could be a sleeper in the Monster Energy Championship Chase as he runs a Port City Chassis with a Ford Crate Motor. Blue oval fans have someone to cheer for for the brightly wrapped number 7.

Terry Limberopoulos-Cuba, Mo.- The former California Late model driver who competed at the beautiful Irwindale Speedway has been working hard this off season. Last season, Terry a regular every Saturday night found a stride and finished with some strong runs while sorting out the car. Very steady and always a good clean racer, he could move up a few more sports in the track standings after a solid top ten finish last season for the 07.

Kaleb Allison-Mexico, Mo.-The 15 year old will begin his 2nd season at I-44. Following a learning season in 2013 in which he gained alot of speed later in the season with some great runs, A new car and chassis combination await the former Go-Kart champion. Kaleb had motor issues the 1st two practices, but the hard work from his father and friends paid of as they found the issue and the always smiling youngest got that valuable time in the new car. A Pathfinder Chassis is the teams choice this season with a strong Crate motor under the hood and a beautiful new paint scheme on the 47.

Chad Walter-Moberly,Mo.-Planning on being a regular this season, Chad's brother competed on Asphalt at the I-70 Speedway, Moberly Speedway and I-44 in the early 2000 seasons. After only a few laps in the final practice session, he had the car very smooth and felt there was even more there and with some more seat time could quietly sneak into the tough front running pack on Saturday Nights.

Monster Energy Sportsman

Jake Piel-Webster Grove, Mo.-After making a few races last season, the driver of the Ultra-Shield/Left-Hander Chassis number 76 is planning on making as many races as possible as the budget allows on the 21 race schedule for 2014. Jake has been getting alot of help from the local area racers during the practice sessions and feels right at home on the "High-Banks". The more I get behind the wheel, the more I'm learning in the Sportsman Class which feature Stock Apperaing Type Cars, The Wedge nosed-Cars and even Truck Bodies for the Stock-Stub division.

Keyser Automotive Road Warriors( Street Stock Type Cars)

Caston Jones-Belle,Mo.-A front runner for 2 seasons in the 4 Cylinder Coca-Cola Chargers, Caston joined the Road Warrior Class in 2013 and realy showed alot of speed. Even though he didn't win a feature, the final result was a top 5 in the 2013 point standing. Leading several laps in the features, Caston feels that this season migt be up front each week. The mix of older Camaro Cars and Metric Cars has this becoming one of the fan favorites each Saturday Night. Caston's number 34 is looking for a NascarTrack Championship to hang on his shop's wall.

Aaron Wilke-Bridgeton,Mo.-You gotta love the old style Mopar Cars and that is what the former Wisconsin Native drives, right to the front of the pack each week he is there. Last season Wilke took a feature win, but a small issue with the car in tech disallowed the win (Aaron had ran a Dirt Enduro type race before that and forgot to change 1 item). The next 3 weeks afterwards, Wilke and the Dodge number 8 was making track champion Justin Blake( 9 wins) really sweat and work hard trying to run him down. Wilke was excited about being on the pavement again and plans on racing as much as possible this season.

Other weekly Classes include the Budweiser Modifieds and Coca-Cola Chargers that compete weekly.
[xtable=skin1|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
About Lebanon I-44 Speedway

Lebanon I-44 Speedway is Missouri's only NASCAR facility and weekly Asphalt Racing Oval settled nearly 300 miles from any other and is Missouri's only NASCAR sanctioned facility. Located in Lebanon, Missouri, along Interstate 44 on Route 66 adds easy access from any direction. Just about 45 minutes to the East of Springfield, Missouri on I-44 and just 2 hours West of St. Louis on I-44 as well as just 30 minutes south of Lake of the Ozarks.

Lebanon I-44 Speedway has a history of producing great racecar drivers, and some of the biggest stars in American motorsports honed their skills on our tracks high banked 3/8-mile asphalt oval. Legends such as the great Larry Phillips, the only 5-time national champion in NASCAR's weekly racing series, along with NASCAR stars like Mike Wallace, Jamie McMurray, Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart and the late Tony Roper have either won races or even track championships over the years.

Lebanon I-44 Speedway has perhaps the smoothest racing surface of any weekly racing facility in the nation along with new aluminum backed Monster Energy grandstand seating, Budweiser "Wild Side" tier parking that you can pull up in your car or tailgate in your pickup and enjoy all of the racing from a great view, the new Central Bank VIP Suites in the middle of the front stretch and entering turn one is the newest addition, the Budweiser Fan Deck.

Lebanon I-44 Speedway runs many special events throughout the race season as well as an exciting NASCAR weekly show that consists of Pro Late Models, Modifieds, Sportsman, Road Warriors and the Chargers with special appearances by the United States Super Truck Series, Pro National Baby Grand Cars, NASCAR racing special events and various Concerts.

For all of the latest information always visit
www.i44speedway.net{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
2014 Lebanon I-44 Speedway Official Partners:
NASCAR - National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing
Big Surf Water Park - Preferred Amusement Park
Budweiser - Official Beer
Caddy Shack Golf Cars - Official Golf Cars
Hampton Inn / Lebanon - Preferred Hotel
Holiday Inn Express / Lebanon - Preferred Hotel
Hoosier Tire - Official Race Tire
K&N Engineering - Preferred Performance Filter
Lindsay Auto Group - Official NASCAR Pace Vehicle
Mercy - Official Health Care Provider
Missouri Eagle - Official Beer, Energy Drink & Tea Supplier
Monster Energy - Official Energy Drink
O'Reilly Auto Parts - Preferred Auto Parts Store
Ozarks Coca-Cola Dr. Pepper - Official Supplier: Soft Drinks, Water, Sports Drinks
Peace Tea - Official Tea
Racing Electronics - Official Communications Supplier
Safety-Kleen - Preferred Environmental Services Company
Sportsland Accessories - Preferred Truck Accessories
Springfield Yamaha - Official UTV & ATV Supplier
Sunoco - Official Racing Fuel
Super 8 / Lebanon - Preferred Hotel

2014 Lebanon I-44 Speedway Supporting Partners:
Auto Body Supply, Auto Meter, Commerce Bank, Cometic Gaskets, Dickey's Barbecue, Emerson Climate Technologies, ESPN Radio, E-Z Disposal, Graven Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Headley's Value Tire Center, Helton's Home Furnishings, Heritage Bank, Independent Stave Inc., JEGS, KZNN Superstation, Lebanon Ready Mix, Liberty Tire, McGunegill Engine Performance, Missouri Tool & Automation, Owens Sandblasting, Ozarks Harley Davidson, Regional Radio - KJEL, Reliable Toyota, Rock Auto, Royal Purple, Shadel's Colonial Chapel, Sherwin Williams, Show Me Guns, Sprint, Starnes Auto, Totally You, Toyota Motorsports, Unilever, United Insurors, Waffle House, Whelen Engineering, Willard Asphalt, Z102.3 Radio, 107.9 The Coyote{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
Lebanon I-44 Speedway{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Fessler Motors-Shane Fessler a former LM driver at I-44 has joined forces with former 3-time Late Model Champion Tim Swearengin of Springfield. Fessler Motors will be supplying the power plant in Swearengin's Modified for the 2014 season. Swearengin returning back to the high-banks in a Richard Lewis Modified, will have the familiar number 14. The car is a former David Bates machine in which Jay Bates drove. Swearengin has been off the circuit since 2003 and is excited about joining The Ground-Pounding Budweiser Modified Class.

Fessler Motors-Shane Fessler a former LM driver at I-44 has joined forces with former 3-time Late Model Champion Tim Swearengin of Springfield. Fessler Motors will be supplying the power plant in Swearengin's Modified for the 2014 season. Swearengin returning back to the high-banks in a Richard Lewis Modified, will have the familiar number 14. The car is a former David Bates machine in which Jay Bates drove. Swearengin has been off the circuit since 2003 and is excited about joining The Ground-Pounding Budweiser Modified Class.

Tim was a great late model driver; very smooth and fast. It'll be great to see him out there again.

Back