St. Louis Showdown set for Sept 12th & 13th at Tri-City Speedway & Federated I-55 Raceway!

Tc can pay 1k to win B-mods and I55 pays 400 to win sportsman? Kind of insulting to the sportsman guys. Not surprising the car count literally drops every week. You all can bash me all you want for mentioning it but its clearly an issue and id rather say something and bring it up than just ignore it and let the class continue to suffer. And i know this is a special show payout but i believe its relative to the problem. Jmo

Last edited:
hey hard lefts where were the sportsman last night sorry to say and I like the sportsman but the class is on life support

Pay $1,000 to win and still get the same cars as $400 to win.

B-Mods had a regular show at TCS last night and had 41, they invited sportsman and paid them more than B-Mods and got 10.

Trying to promote a good show with both tracks working together to try and build something and someone has to find a reason to complain.

The b mods are the class thats growing currently. Lets see if ump does make the crate motor law of the land and see if it continues. I hope the leave the class alone. Id like it to be 3 link or leafs only but im in a small crowd there lol. Just be watching them run the 4 bar cars have a great advantage. Sure some 3 links hang in there but the 4 bars can get in the corners way better.

Pay $1,000 to win and still get the same cars as $400 to win.

B-Mods had a regular show at TCS last night and had 41, they invited sportsman and paid them more than B-Mods and got 10.

Trying to promote a good show with both tracks working together to try and build something and someone has to find a reason to complain.
I see your point, why pay them more if you dont have to and all the regulars who support the class all year will still show up anyway. Lol Jeez.Not trying to derail the post and wont comment further. This will be a great show regardless of this thread. Cant wait, kudos to Ray and Kevin for working together!

Point is they are paying b mods $1,000 to win in anticipation of getting 40+. They will be lucky to get 20 Sportsman regardless the payout.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Its not just Kevin an Tammy forking $1000 for the B-Mods, a sponsor stepped up for the class, find a sponsor for a sportsman show an you can have your own $1000 to win, will you get 40+. Probly not. B mods are showing up thus year at Tri City I believe they have only had less then a full field once an its was because there was a 50% + chance of rain. If you have the car count why not offer more money?

The b mods are the class thats growing currently. Lets see if ump does make the crate motor law of the land and see if it continues. I hope the leave the class alone. Id like it to be 3 link or leafs only but im in a small crowd there lol. Just be watching them run the 4 bar cars have a great advantage. Sure some 3 links hang in there but the 4 bars can get in the corners way better.
Pretty sure a 4-bar car hasn't won all year at TCS...they're at a 100 lb weight disadvantage, the crate cars with 3 links have pretty well dominated the big motor 4 bar cars....

Ok, wasn't sure if he was or not, but Ryan, and morrow have been dominant in 2 link cars, what I'm saying is the 4 bar cars are definitely not at an advantage, if anything they're at a disadvantage with the 100 lb weight break. JMO

Back