street stock tire rule

millz

Yes I know another street stock post. Sorry I'm just trying to get everything figured out for this season. I know that Kevin said that after May 1 the only tire that is allowed will be the wissota. ( I'm good with this). I do also know that highland said they will look into the tire and get back with us about In a week or so (makes sense to me). I'm curious about what Belleville and brownstown are going to do with the tire rule. I am hoping they follow along so all 4 tracks run that tire only (after a burn off period) because I do not and most likely will not buy multiple sets of tires to run at different tracks. I do plan on running at brownstown a few times this year. And if I get my other car done I would also like to run at Belleville a few times. I know there was something going around about the wissota not being made but there where over 2000 in the warehouse. Has anyone confirmed that. I do think 2000 will be more the enough im just curious as what ever happen with that. I am not trying to call out anyone or any track. I like the wissota only tire rule it keeps it more affordable and more competitive. I just want to make sure that all 4 tracks will make the wissota the only tire before I go out and buy them. I only have a few good emods left so I will need tires early on. Once again I am not trying to call anyone out I'm just wanting to make sure before I make the investment.

Last edited:
changing the tire rules is ok. Just hope the other tracks allow this season (2017) to use up the tires that some of us already have. We only run 1 night a week and only use up 3 or 4 tires a season.
Not trying to be Argumentative. But buying the new tires with 2 sets on hand is a real hit in our wallet being a tight budget team

I agree something has to be figured out and posted by the 4 local tracks, we can't have a hard tire( wissota 35W) mandatory at one track and only a option at other tracks, I for one, along with others like To race around at different tracks and I don't wanna have two different sets of tires to go different places! If we're switching to the cheaper $90 tire then all tracks need to be on board and make the only tire were allowed to run! Or they need to say forget the 35W and let us run Emods and the new mod tire once it's released and the following year no more Emods just the m30 mod tire so we guys can have the used tire option again, this needs to be addressed sooner than later by all local promotors so guys can start getting tires rounded up!!!!

I have never been able to find a good used tire from a mod guy by the time they are done with them there isn't much left to use and they want 30-40 a piece for them. I have mod guys tell me that they are exspensive not to stop using them until they are junk .and then we groove and sip them. Just to have the guys with the funding go out a buy new $125 tires and still not stand a chance against them. That's why I like the wissota $90 tire I can buy 4 tires for the price of 3 and they are brand new just like the guys with the extra funds can do. And maybe I can stand a chance against them. I would love it if the 4 tracks all mandated the wissota. I know a lot of guys have old emods but even storing them like hoosier says those tires are dry cracking by the time winter is over. I have never had any luck finding decent used tires. That's my 2 cents on the why I like the wissota rule

Tires floorpans and firewalls along with screw jacks. All tracks need to go along with that or youll have more than tires to worry about to go from one track to another. Jmo

I have never been able to find a good used tire from a mod guy by the time they are done with them there isn't much left to use and they want 30-40 a piece for them. I have mod guys tell me that they are exspensive not to stop using them until they are junk .and then we groove and sip them. Just to have the guys with the funding go out a buy new $125 tires and still not stand a chance against them. That's why I like the wissota $90 tire I can buy 4 tires for the price of 3 and they are brand new just like the guys with the extra funds can do. And maybe I can stand a chance against them. I would love it if the 4 tracks all mandated the wissota. I know a lot of guys have old emods but even storing them like hoosier says those tires are dry cracking by the time winter is over. I have never had any luck finding decent used tires. That's my 2 cents on the why I like the wissota rule
That tire will last alot longer too. It is a good rule

I don't see why they couldn't just stock them 35w on the parts truck and allow us to stagger them out with the emod

I'm not a racer so take my suggestion for what it's worth. If you wanna run what you currently have, tri city should have some sort of tire marker ( a permanent way to burn or mark em). First race of the year, bring em to a designated spot and brand em. Only allow a certain number. Every racer gets 8 -10 tires to mark. Once the tires you had marked are gone then you you have no choice but to run the new style tire.

I don't really care what tire they all make mandatory as long as all the tracks agree on it. I don't mind if they just use the new wissota tire as an option for racers, let the guys who have tires to burn off run their emods and the guys who want the new tire can run them. Eventually the new tire will become superior when the burn offs are getting used up and it'll force most people to buy the new tire. I just don't want to run a brand a be legal at one track and found illegal at the other.

We just need all 4 tracks to come out and say " Hey this is the mandatory tire for all local tracks" One tire and one tire only! Also a fan of the no groove and sipe rule!

Emods can look good tread wise but be junk. Heat cycles help kill tires. Basing your racing on some other racers cast offs. Is a great way to be a mid pack runner. Guys who buy new will be beating u. So buy whatever u can afford new. There is an advantage. That's why the other guy is selling them to you.

Well unfortunately AJ one track made a rule change without talking to other tracks. I'm sure the other three tracks would like to ask their loyal racers what they think first. In a perfect world the rules would bee the same across the St. Louis area but in reality one track just expected others to follow.

Tcs and Belleville h
worked together on schedules so they should on rules.

It would be nice that way when one has the street stocks and the other doesn't on a given night the racers can support the other track and help boost the car count at both. that would be best for all. If the racers would do it and not just let their car sit on those nights.

Well unfortunately AJ one track made a rule change without talking to other tracks. I'm sure the other three tracks would like to ask their loyal racers what they think first. In a perfect world the rules would bee the same across the St. Louis area but in reality one track just expected others to follow.
more than a tire rule as well. Be interesting to see if the other tracks allow weight jacks on the rear. Floorpans and firewalls that are not oem would probably let slide on the teching

Back