Belle-Clair Speedway Sunday, 7/26 CANCELLED

POWRi

Sunday, July 26th CANCELLED

Belleville, IL – Tonight’s event headlined by the Midwest Big 10 Late Model Series in conjunction with the Kettler & Son’s UMP Late Models has been cancelled due to the continuation of scattered storms into the late afternoon/early evening hours. In an effort to help teams save their resources with the likely chance of being rained out if the event were to continue on, as well as keep everyone safe with the likelihood for severe storms, the tough decision to cancel had to be made.

The next event at Belle-Clair Speedway will be the 24th Annual Arnie Knepper Memorial on Sunday, August 2nd hosting POWRi Lucas Oil National Midgets, POWRi Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micros, UMP Modifieds and B-Modifieds.

For more information, go to www.belleclairspeedway.com.

If i wanted to save my resources, i would have a different hobby. It barely sprinkled here and the radar looks clear for a long way out. It doesnt seem like we are even trying. I guess i either need to sell my junk or focus on highland or tri city.

I'm a mile from the track. Looks good enough for a race.....should be the teams decision if they want to travel and risk not racing due to weather

I have a really great life if you must know very blessed have everything I want and need thanks for your concern

The good old days are over. With the guarenteed purses promoters are shy to hold a show with bad weather even a slight possibility. In the old days the tracks did everything within their power to make the show go on. If the crowd was sparse the payout was reflective of that. I believe Late Model payouts at BC are over $6000 alone. I am curious to see what size crowd they get on a Sun night when they have a full program. Hopefully lots of fans come out.

Back