Tankersley Caps ASCS Sooner Region Weekend With Podium at Lawton

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - LAWTON, Okla. (Aug. 26, 2014) - Channin Tankersley wrapped up a rare weekend driving for Bruce Griffith with a podium result last Saturday at Lawton Speedway.
"We had a good heat race to get in the redraw," he said. "That was the key."
Tankersley pulled the No. 4 in the random feature redraw after advancing from fifth to second place in his ASCS Sooner Region heat race.
"They sprinkled a little water on the track before the feature," he said. "It had a good cushion for about five laps and then it laid a little rubber. I was as far back at sixth place at one point. I moved up, went back and moved up. I was probably within three car lengths of the leader at one point, but once it rubbered down it was follow the leader on the bottom."
Tankersley ended with a third-place result, which was his 12[sup]th[/sup] top five of the season.
The weekend kicked off last Friday at Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls, Texas.
"It went all right," he said. "I felt like I was racing at the beach. It was follow the leader and we didn't get to do a whole lot. I tried to make a move on the restart and it was like we threw a parachute out and went the wrong direction. We just couldn't recover from it."
Tankersley, who advanced from sixth to fourth place in his heat race, finished ninth in the main event.
"I really want to thank Bruce for the opportunity to race his car," he said. "I wanted to get a win, but I'm happy we picked up a couple of good results."
Tankersley will return to ASCS Gulf South Region competition this Saturday at Leesville 171 Speedway in Leesville, La. He holds a 109-point advantage in the championship standings with three races remaining.
"I've never raced there, but I went there about a month ago to watch my brother race his mod-lite," he said. "It looks like a fun place."
QUICK RESULTS -
Aug. 22 - Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls, Texas - Heat race: 4 (6); Feature: 9 (10).
Aug. 23 - Lawton Speedway in Lawton, Okla. - Heat race: 2 (5); Feature: 3 (4).
SEASON STATS -
29 races, 2 wins, 12 top fives, 20 top 10s, 22 top 15s, 25 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Saturday at Leesville 171 Speedway in Leesville, La., with the ASCS Gulf South Region
MEDIA LINKS -
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChanninTankersley?fref=ts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TankRacing
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Marvin and Peggy Pearson
Marvin and Peggy Pearson have owned and sponsored sprint cars for several years.
"Marvin and Peggy Pearson stepped up to the plate to give me a great opportunity to pursue the ASCS Gulf South Region championship this year," Tankersley said. "I can't thank them enough for their support and I look forward to taking them to the title."
Tankersley would also like to thank Challenger Drilling, Miller's Machine & Welding, Accu-Fab, Griffith Truck & Equipment, Day Motorsports and Watercraft Plus, LLC for their continued support.

Back