TCS Street Stock Head Rule Clarification!

Revin

Before everyone gets crazy about this head here is a little information on them:

The EQ part # CH350I head is an STOCK OEM replacement for the 487 casting.
167cc Intake Runners
76cc Combustion Chamber
1.94 Intake Valve
1.50 Exhaust Valve

After talking with several motor builders that have used this head the HP gain that they have seen is not any significant gain what so ever!

The reason we have even looked at this head is availability & cost to the racer.

THESE ARE STOCK OEM REPLACEMENT HEADS NOT AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE HEADS!!!

If we thought there would be any performance advantage we would not even consider legalizing these!

From what I have seen and heard this head will save the racer money from they spend now to have the machine work done on a used set of heads.

This is an e-mail that I got directly from Enginequest as well:

Hello Kevin,
We worked for 3 years with the tech folks at IMCA to make certain that both of our spec heads were equal to standard OEM castings. Our parent company is the nations largest core supplier and we were having trouble finding non-altered stock castings to sell to our speed shop customers and racers. This forced us to produce both the GM head and the Mopar head. Both of these heads are also used by the production engine builder industry as stock replacement heads in their programs.
The GM head is based off the 487 casting with a 1.94 intake and a 1.5 exhaust. The Mopar is based off the standard 318/360 Magnum head with stock intake and exhaust valves.
Both heads are produced with a Dura-Bond exhaust seat for durability. We also keep production records and each head is numbered to avoid cheating with other products.
If I can help you with any other answers just let me know.
Eric

This is the 2012 TCS Head Rule:

29. HEADS: Engines and head castings -
Single valve spring only, screw-in stud guide plate OK.
NO MILLING OR CUTTING OF VALVE SPRING SEATS TO ALLOW USE OF LARGER VALVE SPRINGS, MUST USE STOCK OEM VALVE SPRINGS! GM-350 CID, to use these castings only 487-882-997-624-126-493-185-339-441-993
GM 305 CID, to use these castings 434-450-416-896-520-601-
The Engine Quest Head CH318l for GM & CH318B for Chrysler will also be allowed!
Intake: 1.940 Exhaust 1.500 MAXIMUM!

FORD 351 W CID C90E - Intake: 1.940 Exhaust:1.500 MAXIMUM
Chrysler 360 CID - Intake: 1.880 Exhaust:1.600 MAXIMUM
NO PORTING OR POLISHING OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED!
NO EXTENSIVE MILLING OR ANGLE MILLING WILL BE ALLOWED!
COMBUSTION CHAMBERS MUST REMAIN WITHIN 3cc’s of STOCK

Thanks, Kevin

Back