Tech Crates. With the problems they had at Lincoln.

I would hope that this is a eye opener to track promoters to start teching these cars more. Big carbs, tires etc. would only help make the racing better for the racers and fans.

The quick car series,and ump has a different carburetor rule. UMP's carb rule any type 750 carb with the technical part being,the base plate on carb, carb spacer,and 2 gaskets. Quick car has a tool to measure your carb without even taking it off your car,they do not tech the spacer or the base plate. They need to work this technical issue out between UMP and quick car series.After a 45 min tech it should of been teched at the time. Our carb has been to Willy's he says it is legal and meet all technical specs for UMP to run it.

I agree that if its good for ump it ought to be good for the Quick Car series. If they don't get there tech in line with ump that series will not last long, no matter if it's carb, tires,motors or rpm chips. I did not realize that you are associated with a car that was at Lincoln or specify any car in paticular. My apology. But I think we can all agree that a fair tech on all cars should be more frequent. It sounds like you got hosed at Lincoln !

Cooper lane you are correct they need to be checking these cars more then just the carb. I would wager they would find more they just need to look. As far as this guy or anyone else getting hosed at Lincoln not so fast. It makes no difference if the rules this series has or what ump has as long as the drivers know what rules they are going by and if they were told they would be following the quick car series then the guys that got DQ are at fault. They should have read the rules and followed those rules but, you are right about one thing quick series should get together with ump and have the same rules if they mainly run in ump country. JMO.

This post was removed as the link to the rules i found on google was an old out dated link sorry for any inconvenience ,

Last edited:
What once was a great idea is now history .... Ump let this class slip away.
You are so right, but, this is happening in just about every class under the ump banner. UMP needs to be making all these tracks follow the rules but, we figured out a long time ago the rules written are merely a suggestion and at some tracks will not be enforced.

Wonder why the carbs were not checked in pre-race tech
Since all you had to do was take the air cleaner top off?

Last edited:
It appears that there maybe an old link to the pcra crate rules coming up when i searched for the quick car rules .the quick car rules were prob not changed or added to my apologies to any for my error

Back