Thanks to Tri-City Speedway...Kevin and Tammy!!!!

dirtman07

quit yer belly akin
I wanted to send out a special Thanks to Kevin, Tammy and crew at Tri-City Speedway. We came to watch some sprint car racing and we got a whole lot more than that. The racing itself was great. The show moved along very well. Food was great and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The best part came after the races were over. We had brought our 11 yr old son who is diehard race fan. He loves Randy Korte and Bobby Pierce, but as we strolled through the pits afterwards, my son was getting his race shirt signed by the drivers. The first one was Cal Wood(MOWA driver). He signed my sons shirt and asked if he wanted to get in the car. My son was like oh yeah...we took pics and the drivers Dad came over and talked to him and made him feel special. They gave him a team race hat and my son hasn't taken it off yet. Our next experience was with Billy Laycock. This guy is as nice as they come. Once again, they signed his shirt and popped him in the car....being a TMNT car...my son was floored. Their crew and family was also very nice to him. He got to see Korte and we gave him $20 for his foundation. He got around 10 autographs and was just so happy. As we were walking out the gate...my son was talking 100 mph...we see Kevin Gundaker talking to someone and he was nice enough to ask if we had fun tonite...and of course we did. So I say this to Kevin, Tammy and crew.....Thank you for a great night of racing and family fun.
Rich, Stacy and Cannon LaBrier

Kevin and Tammy have taking Tri City Speedway to another level that no track in the area has done! The way these two treat the drivers, fans and kids is unbelievable!

I wanted to send out a special Thanks to Kevin, Tammy and crew at Tri-City Speedway. We came to watch some sprint car racing and we got a whole lot more than that. The racing itself was great. The show moved along very well. Food was great and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The best part came after the races were over. We had brought our 11 yr old son who is diehard race fan. He loves Randy Korte and Bobby Pierce, but as we strolled through the pits afterwards, my son was getting his race shirt signed by the drivers. The first one was Cal Wood(MOWA driver). He signed my sons shirt and asked if he wanted to get in the car. My son was like oh yeah...we took pics and the drivers Dad came over and talked to him and made him feel special. They gave him a team race hat and my son hasn't taken it off yet. Our next experience was with Billy Laycock. This guy is as nice as they come. Once again, they signed his shirt and popped him in the car....being a TMNT car...my son was floored. Their crew and family was also very nice to him. He got to see Korte and we gave him $20 for his foundation. He got around 10 autographs and was just so happy. As we were walking out the gate...my son was talking 100 mph...we see Kevin Gundaker talking to someone and he was nice enough to ask if we had fun tonite...and of course we did. So I say this to Kevin, Tammy and crew.....Thank you for a great night of racing and family fun.
Rich, Stacy and Cannon LaBrier

I totally agree. Kevin & Tammy do a great job. I have always enjoyed the special events they put on (almost 4 hour one way trip for me). In the past, I sometimes went to other events, because they ran too many classes when they had special events, but I think they have figured out that 3 classes is about the maximum number you can run for events like this and still get the fans back on the road at a decent time.

Gotta love the drivers who make it special for the little ones.

PS-The first sprint driver you referenced is Cole Wood who is originally from California, but is based out of the midwest (I believe he uses Brian Brown's shop), since he races here more than he does in California.

Last edited:

Back