Throwing the yellow at Tri-City

Ts18

I love going to Tri-City they always put on great shows but can someone tell me what was up with the flag men over there waiting so long to throw caution or never throwing one at all and there was a few close calls because the caution was not thrown

There were more than close calls. Definitely cost one guy a whole night. There are times to hold it to get the lap in and there are times when you absolutely have to throw it. When a guy gets a flat running towards the front of a 24 car field and you definitely have this guy stuck in the middle as the pack approaches, the yellow must be displayed.

I think they wait so long because they have the rule when 4 cars pass the flag stand next lap is counted but that late model race last night could of ended alot worse then just a spun car

The bigger queation is why was only the yellow thrown when the car was on fire? The red flag should have been thrown immediatly not the yellow!! And then to top it off he ran 2 or 3 laps with that car on fire before ANY of the officials even noticed it!!! It took all of the spectators to stand up and start screaming before they even noticed it!!! As far as the rule of 4 cars passing the flag stand before the caution comes out so they can score that lap....that needs to stop!!! Someones going to seriously get hurt because of that dumb rule!! Who cares if you ha e to go back to the last completed lap. Id rather do that than have to deal with someone being seriously hurt because of comolete ignorance! I have on numerous occasions seen how horrible the flag man is at Tri City! Maybe Kevin will listen to what we as fans are saying and revamp the officials this winter!! He did try his best to do something about people standing in the isles/walkways for the handicap people and for that I give him credit. But these officials he has working for him need to either go or have a nice long sit down talk!

When the piece of sheet metal almost flew into the stands during the mod race the flag man just looked at it an shrugged his shoulders. I don't think all of the officials need replace but I really think the flag man needs considered

At 1 point under yellow he showed the green flag the next time by and shut the light off.. He then brings out the yellow flag again and leaves the light off for almost a full lap... He wasn't on his game this weekend at all

But yet during the drivers meeting he is always on top of everyone's ass, but yet it took sheets coming to a complete stop on the wall to throw the yellow. I get they thought weather was coming in but to risk someone getting hurt?

I don't know who the officials are and don't really care but I'm sure they don't work as officials for a living and given the fact none were probably to bed before 2am any of the 3 nights. Whatever the case is idk but there def was some incidents last night that could have gone very bad.. During the off season they need to sit down and figure out how to get a freakin night of racing in before 11pm! I've been to a lot of big races this year where there has been over 100 cars and been done by 10:30/11 and on the road! I as a race fan want to go to the races, drink beer, eat dirt but I damn sure don't want to be there till 1am! They also need to replace the bleachers, tired of diggin splinters out of my ass the next day! They get that ironed out the stands would probably be a hell of a lot more crowded each week... That's my two cents..

One thing ill add and sometimes its not the fault of officials. That is a quick yellow comes out but yet "some driver's" think its ok to keep it at full race speed untill they have too. Just like in hot laps. You watch and see. Id say half go by and take the checkered and are supposed to slow down and exit the back stretch. Some think its ok to keep it going full speed to get another lap in and yes the yellow is displayed. Ive seen this and i know kevin has addressed it but it keeps happening. Drags the show down and its a yellow! So sometimes its not the officials causing an issue. Ive never understood it and was almost run over i dont know how many times slowing for a yellow and have cars splitting me still going full bore.

Back