Too many classes?????

f40

Todd Turner on DIRTONDIRT has an interesting article about too much as in classes not a good thing

Nether is the cost to get into racing especially in the lower classes, if you want to be competitive. That drives alot of new and old drivers away.jmo

you missed the point there are too many classes that are running the same speed and have classes different for the average fan can tell the difference

While I'm not going to disagree with you guys I just want to point out that when a track sticks their neck out and puts up big money purses it's the support classes who help make it a success. It does stink but unless you are at a crown jewel race this is something your going to have to deal with on a local level.

too many classes are to close in speed gets kinda redundant , and too many classes also keep racers or fans away

I totally understand the local track promoter needing to run 4-6 classes on a night to make money. And I also get that all those classes have owners/drivers etc who invest a lot in their race cars and put on a good show for their fans. But what I don't get is when a track owner / promoter is advertising a big show for a particular class, paying a lot of money ... getting fans to drive 2-3+ hours to come watch that show and then run that class last. Help your fans who came specifically for that advertised feature class and still have to drive that 2-3 hours home and may have go to work in a few hours.

In my opinion, dragging the show and running the feature class last is an absolute killer to a dirt track. i.e., a very nice track in Mo. is no longer running and imo, this is one of the reasons.

The MRN podcast called Winged Nation also talked about this very thing a few weeks ago.

look at last night almost 3 am in the morning , many fans would like to get auto graphs etc from their favorite driver or t shirts etc but getting over that late is not good getting home at 4 30 in the morning makes it tough the next day no matter what

I've always thought it was weird seeing classes that are close in speed

Dean posted his lap times compared to kliene the other week from SN and they were competitive. That's a mod running as fast as a late model

What happened to the sportsman class they use to run every where around here. ?

Did it just fizzle out?

And the a mod and b mods are so similar. Someone posted they are within or at a second difference in timing. I've heard people (race fans) asking and confused about their difference

Belleville I don't mind being there late since I walk home across the street but for driving to other tracks it's nice to leave at or before midnight

Back