Top 3 UMP Modified Points going into Eldora..

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
[xtable=skin1|588x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=61x@}1{/td}
{td=101x@}MICHAEL{/td}
{td=176x@}LONG{/td}
{td=61x@}2272{/td}
{td=61x@}30{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}75, 75, 75{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}MIKE{/td}
{td}HARRISON{/td}
{td}2269{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}70, 70, 70{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}TRENT{/td}
{td}YOUNG{/td}
{td}2245{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}70, 70, 70{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
The far right column is the 3 points events they can replace with the 3 shows at Eldora.

Young could still win points by winning all 3 nights along with Harrison & Long not adding any more points to their total.

Young could still win points by winning all 3 nights along with Harrison & Long not adding any more points to their total.
That'd only be possible with 120 cars though correct? Since the field is split into 4 groups Thursday & Friday?

Sounds like this is going to be one hell of a weekend. Keep your eyes on the 24H because when the pressure is one he always seems to rise to the occasion.

I say the 24H takes the title at Eldora.

Sounds like this is going to be one hell of a weekend. Keep your eyes on the 24H because when the pressure is one he always seems to rise to the occasion.

I say the 24H takes the title at Eldora.
I would say after reading what Quincy posted about taking donations for Long to go to Eldora i would say he doesnt go and its the 24h who gets it but he better not take it lightly because Young is right there and ready to capitalize on their mistakes

image.png
Found this to be kind of interesting.. Apparently they had something about supporting Long and got slammed pretty good. Not sure what happened...

Last edited:
Maybe they should have supported their track champ instead. The 18l hasn't run there the last two weeks!!! Not enough cars to help him with points, so he doesnt support the track?

The way I look at it is if you can't afford to run the class your are In find another class. If I was a betting man he was planning on wrapping up the title at mod mania and never planned ahead for Eldora.

Well, whatever happens it has been something to watch and those drivers desire to be supported. Good luck to all three no matter what happens.

Maybe it was just a track trying to offer up its support. Maybe nobody from the 18L team ask for it. For the love of God maybe it was just someone trying to be nice and extend an offer to help someone just to show their support for their local driver. Long has been the point leader for awhile now, and i guarantee you he had planned on going to Eldora to battle for the championship. Its no secret Harrison will be there and be hard to beat. Youd have to be a moron to think Mod Mania would have been the deciding weekend when Harrison came in less than 40 points back. Have people lost all common sense?

You're calling a lot of people a moron then... Go back and read the post before mod mania started... There was quite a few people writing Harrison off and crowning long as the champion since long runs so good at mod mania... Well that didn't happen and now long has to come up with a way to get to Eldora. The track announcer at tri city was totally lost... Does he know what he's talking about? He was announcing Thursday night after long won that it was probably wrapped up now... Really?!?!? That goes to show you how much people really know. I was one of the few that said going in Harrison still had a shot and I even went out and said young still has a shot but so many people wrote that off... There was also a $100 wager on here that nobody took up. It gets to show you that Harrison has raced against bigger car counts this year and he shines when the $$$ is on the line. Harrison can go over there and not even win and still win the championship. Long has to win to gain any points. Harrison can finish 2nd and still win it all as long as Long don't win.

Totally lost? Partially. The attempt on the microphone was to invoke a response from a racer whom I had interviewed 9 times previously this season. Rather than ask the same old tired questions, I thought it would be prudent to get an opinion on that statement. But back to the points... the UMP point system is very difficult to understand with throw-out nights and bonus points if you don't have a grid or stats sheet at your disposal. It would help to have some form of guidance from the sanction as to the different scenarios needed for each driver to win, similar to what NASCAR does when it's time to make their chase. Or like what MLB, NHL, NFL does when it's getting close to their post-season.

wib your a idiot quincy got slammed cause to many people thought favoritism was going on secondly he would of raced Sunday if harrison was there but he wasn't so instead he watched his sons race go karts at the little bullring track at quincy raceways o by the way he left today for eldora without any financial help from any one dumb ass

View attachment 53783 Found this to be kind of interesting.. Apparently they had something about supporting Long and got slammed pretty good. Not sure what happened...

The way I look at it is if you can't afford to run the class your are In find another class. If I was a betting man he was planning on wrapping up the title at mod mania and never planned ahead for Eldora.

You're calling a lot of people a moron then... Go back and read the post before mod mania started... There was quite a few people writing Harrison off and crowning long as the champion since long runs so good at mod mania... Well that didn't happen and now long has to come up with a way to get to Eldora. The track announcer at tri city was totally lost... Does he know what he's talking about? He was announcing Thursday night after long won that it was probably wrapped up now... Really?!?!? That goes to show you how much people really know. I was one of the few that said going in Harrison still had a shot and I even went out and said young still has a shot but so many people wrote that off... There was also a $100 wager on here that nobody took up. It gets to show you that Harrison has raced against bigger car counts this year and he shines when the $$$ is on the line. Harrison can go over there and not even win and still win the championship. Long has to win to gain any points. Harrison can finish 2nd and still win it all as long as Long don't win.

I don't see anywhere where I complaining about him Long not racing Sunday at Quincy.. Secondly I was just posting on. What Quincy raceways had posted. Apparently it had come up in conversation with Quincy raceways and Long that he MAYBE couldn't afford to go or they would have never posted that's about asking for donations. It is what it is... I'm glad he's going. I don't care what's happening or how he got there. Just find it really odd that a race track or anyone else is asking people for donations for a driver to go race. Never heard of that before. I can guarantee also that Long thought he would've wrapped it up at mod mania and not even been in this situation of having to go to Eldora.

I think its great that a track was willing to help the cause. They want the national champ to be one of their drivers.

I'm the one who made both the original and later post on Quincy Facebook. It's really irritating because it called undue attention and unnecessary drama.

A simple thought entered my mind when I returned from the race track Sunday. Fans at Quincy are very supportive and when I got home I was thinking it would have been nice to have given fans a chance to donate something to help with expenses if Michael should choose to go to Eldora. I hadn't talked to Michael for at least a week, so it wasn't anything he wanted or asked for. It wasn't anything he even perhaps needed. But if I had thought about it while at the track, I know there were fans there that would have wanted to help.

So I thought the next best thing was to give Quincy fans a chance to do so online and made a facebook post to that effect. Still having not spoken to Michael. I was expecting the post to circulate among our regular fanbase and that would pretty much be the end of it.

Instead I read all kinds of crap pointed at Michael across the internet on account of our post - which was not only irritating but made me feel bad for making the post in the first place because without it the pot wouldn't have been stirred. So I deleted the post and explained the reasoning in a second post.

We have had some donations come in and I still haven't talked to Michael to see if he's going but will see that he gets the money that was raised if he does.

Just another example of how the most simple of things in this sport get blown into things that not only hurt the sport but hurt the people and families that participate in it. Michael and his family didn't deserve to have to read the crap that our post generated, and because of that we took it down.

And yes... we are supportive of our 2016 track champion in the 05 as well - as I think we are to all of our racers when the right reasons present themselves. Quincy Raceways has a very generous and supportive fanbase - and show it regularly.

Ken Dobson
Quincy Raceways

Last edited:

Back