Tri-City Speedway (late nights)

fryefan66

I love the racing action at Tri-City Speedway, however they need to really think about the length of their programs. After Thursday nights long night, I thought they would certainly shorten up Friday nights program. I was encouraged at first when they time-trialed at the same time they hot lapped. However, after the last B-Main ended (after 11pm) they wasted an hour of time with an intermission (this part was understandable) and a weak attempt at reproducing Cedar Lake's drivers introductions (not at all understandable at that time of night). It probably took 20 minutes or so for the lights to come back on. When I pulled out of the parking lot after 1am, I decided that I was not going back for another marathon on Saturday night. Many fans left before either feature had even started and very few were on hand when the late model feature ended.

The program ran long because there were a ton of cars there. Everyone wants huge car counts and expects the program to be over by 10..

I love the racing action at Tri-City Speedway, however they need to really think about the length of their programs. After Thursday nights long night, I thought they would certainly shorten up Friday nights program. I was encouraged at first when they time-trialed at the same time they hot lapped. However, after the last B-Main ended (after 11pm) they wasted an hour of time with an intermission (this part was understandable) and a weak attempt at reproducing Cedar Lake's drivers introductions (not at all understandable at that time of night). It probably took 20 minutes or so for the lights to come back on. When I pulled out of the parking lot after 1am, I decided that I was not going back for another marathon on Saturday night. Many fans left before either feature had even started and very few were on hand when the late model feature ended.
All you do is cry about being at the race's to long...it's several time's a yrs you do this! Just stop coming and stay home and watch reruns of days of our lives! Dang cry baby's! !!

Every post this guy puts on here is him complaining about the length of the show, or how support classes shouldn't be added so that he can get home early and watch Murder She Wrote. Most annoying poster on here without a doubt.

I was there all 3 nights.. Thursday night I even drove back home which is 2 hours and went to work friday morning at 7AM.. I stayed in hotel Friday & Saturday night... I would do it all over again this weekend... Had a blast!!

The program ran long because there were a ton of cars there. Everyone wants huge car counts and expects the program to be over by 10..

Jimmy,

I am well aware of that. My only problem is shutting the lights off and doing drivers introductions that way when it is already past 11:15 pm. That part could have been cut out and saved 45 minutes. I totally understand the intermission part, because the track workers need a break to use the restroom and get something to drink.

Overall, I was pleased with the event. The track prep and racing were top notch. I (and I am not the only one that feels this way) just feel they could cut out a few of the "show" type things when it is getting late.

All you do is cry about being at the race's to long...it's several time's a yrs you do this! Just stop coming and stay home and watch reruns of days of our lives! Dang cry baby's! !!

The majority of my posts on this forum have nothing to do with the length of the programs. If you enjoy being at the track that late, so be it. I, and many others (numerous people left before it was over), prefer that the program be shortened a little when possible.

Doesn't fryefan66 post a lot of info about Quincy raceways? Gonna rip them for running so late last night too?

There is a reason why Haubstadt, In. - Tri State Speedway is referred to as the Class Track. They run such an incredibly tight program. Huge, awesome non wing sprint car shows and I'm on the road back to STL by 10,10:30p. I will go there because I know they get you on the road by 10:30p

To me, what Kevin and Tammy have done and are doing with Tri City is flat out phenomenal. What they are doing with their racing schedule, from late models to MOWA to Powri to the mod nationals show .... amazing!

But, I do agree that Thursday and Friday night could have been run a bit quicker and in the long run it would help their business.

Not sure what happened Saturday but from the car it seemed like they were going to do some kind of intro but the fans started yelling start the race so we did

Well I was there all 3 nights. What a stellar event it was! Kevin, Tammy, and everyone else working at the track deserve a hand for all the hard work. Super racing action, nice track, etc.
That said - I agree that some things could have been done to speed things up. Running hot laps before qualifying Thurs took a lot of time. The lights out intro thing was a waste of time in my opinion. The post race interviews and such could be shortened a bit. Other then that - they ran things off pretty quick while still giving us time to get the cars prepared for their next race. The sun created a problem which delayed things a bit each night - but other then putting up a giant billboard in turn 1 - what are you gonna do?
The only other thing I will say critical is about the uke tires on the inside of the track. They really need to bury a line of regular tires for the inside or something. Those uke tires have flipped several Mods in the last couple years, including one first lap first heat of Thurs nite. Wish they would come up with better solution there...
Overall though - what a weekend! STL racing area should be proud of having a yearly event this good!

Well I was there all 3 nights. What a stellar event it was! Kevin, Tammy, and everyone else working at the track deserve a hand for all the hard work. Super racing action, nice track, etc.
That said - I agree that some things could have been done to speed things up. Running hot laps before qualifying Thurs took a lot of time. The lights out intro thing was a waste of time in my opinion. The post race interviews and such could be shortened a bit. Other then that - they ran things off pretty quick while still giving us time to get the cars prepared for their next race. The sun created a problem which delayed things a bit each night - but other then putting up a giant billboard in turn 1 - what are you gonna do?
The only other thing I will say critical is about the uke tires on the inside of the track. They really need to bury a line of regular tires for the inside or something. Those uke tires have flipped several Mods in the last couple gears, including one first lap first heat of Thurs nite. Wish they would come up with better solution there...
Overall though - what a weekend! STL racing area should be proud of having a yearly event this good!

Not sure what happened Saturday but from the car it seemed like they were going to do some kind of intro but the fans started yelling start the race so we did
at first they said we are skipping intros because of expecting weather then he was like let's go start from the back of the field an work are way forward asking questions an doing intros but then people said start the show so he said screw an got you guys rolling

There is a reason why Haubstadt, In. - Tri State Speedway is referred to as the Class Track. They run such an incredibly tight program. Huge, awesome non wing sprint car shows and I'm on the road back to STL by 10,10:30p. I will go there because I know they get you on the road by 10:30p

To me, what Kevin and Tammy have done and are doing with Tri City is flat out phenomenal. What they are doing with their racing schedule, from late models to MOWA to Powri to the mod nationals show .... amazing!

But, I do agree that Thursday and Friday night could have been run a bit quicker and in the long run it would help their business.
really they last to almost to mid night labor day not because od too many cars but because he won't give off his flipping tractors and tommy couldn't get that car count

Back